Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't try it right now, as I made some minor changes to my book info and it still says publishing. I was just wondering it it were possible to set Uk & DE sales at say: 99 cents, but leave your US sale price at a higher price like...$2.99 or $3.99? Just wondering.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ThatGurlthatlife said:
I can't try it right now, as I made some minor changes to my book info and it still says publishing. I was just wondering it it were possible to set Uk & DE sales at say: 99 cents, but leave your US sale price at a higher price like...$2.99 or $3.99? Just wondering.
Yup. Just unclick the "set price automatically" checkbox and you can set the UK and DE prices independently.

Although you'll need to set those prices in pounds and euros (respectively). And, annoyingly, the minimum UK price you can set is £1.49. (I say annoying because if you set your US price to $0.99, the UK price would currently list at £0.69.)

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
And the other difficulty is, (if the system remains the same) you cannot choose 70 percent for one country, and 35 for the other.  So, if you have a .99 price in one country, and 2.99 in the other, they both need to be 35 percent.  Tough choice.

Gordon Ryan

·
Registered
124 Posts
Justin Alexander said:
Although you'll need to set those prices in pounds and euros (respectively). And, annoyingly, the minimum UK price you can set is £1.49. (I say annoying because if you set your US price to $0.99, the UK price would currently list at £0.69.)
Also bear in mind (this is for non-Europeans) that the display price in Europe will have VAT (tax) added to it. Legally, stores must display the price people actually pay, rather than the pre-tax pricing as they do in the USA (Or label the price ex-VAT specifically--most places don't do that though). So if you set the UK price as 99p, it will likely be displayed as a £1.19 to people viewing it in the UK.

For example my 99 cent book, which I let Amazon price automatically, is currently showing up in Germany as .99€, which is roughly $1.40, so that must have tax added. It sells in the UK as 70p, which is about $1.15. No idea why it's so much more in Germany. Amazon may price it that way just to make it more attractive looking? Or Germany may have even more taxes than VAT that get tacked onto the price. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW! Thanks everyone for replying. I didn't realize it would be so unfair....I guess I'll just leave it at the automatic match Amazon has..... *shrugs* hopefully it will earn me some sale in the UK & DE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.