Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it snowing where you live?

Well, it's snowing here in Gettysburg (about 100 miles north of D.C.). Yesterday the snow looked pretty... it was just an inch and made everything look more like Christmas. Now the stuff is pouring down like crazy. The weather report is talking rain. If I don't get the snow off my car and put the car in the garage, I'll have a giant ice block instead of wheels to get to work.

The big questions: should I get the snow off the car? And once it's off the car, should I drive somewhere, risking death on the unplowed streets, for some chocolate?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
T.L. Haddix said:
As to the chocolate question, no. Chocolate is only worth risking your life over after about a week without it. Do you have, by chance, semi-sweet chips on hand? Cream cheese and powdered sugar? A dab of butter, pinch of salt, and dash of vanilla? If so, I can get you an easy fudge recipe and you will have chocolate on hand. :)
Semi-sweet chips! Cream cheese! Heck, no, I don't have any of that stuff! If I did, my head would be buried in the refrigerator... but there's a drugstore a mile from my house. I can coast down the hill, and if I crash, the hospital is only a block away. Seriously, I just stuck my hand out the front door. It's changing to sleet, which means ice. Time to carve out the car.

And yum, yes, please post the recipe.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Considering it is currently 79 degrees, I'd say no. But I can drive to the store and get some chocolate for you.

Which reminds me, I got some wonderful Godiva for Christmas. Peppermint Bark, Pumpkin Spice Caramel (yum) and Eggnog. I think I'll try the eggnog next.

Wait, am I being insensitive to the chocolate needs of those less fortunate than I?

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Snowed over night a bit and more this morning between about 9 and say 11. . . .by then, though it had switched to sleety stuff. Kinda miserable out actually. :( Fortunately, I have chocoloate. :D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I have chocolate, cookies and hot chocolate with my fun new little chocolate pot:

It's got a built in little blender thingy. You put the milk in it, microwave it to get it hot and then put the chocolate shavings in. Put the blender thingy top on, blend and yum!

Betsy

·
Registered
528 Posts
I Love chocolate. Bought malomars a couple of weeks ago and ate the whole box in two days. Won't
buy it again for a long time.LOL. Everybody know when I am bowling badly to give me chocolate. It does help.:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's snowmageddon here in Cincinnati.  That means we have about 2 inches. We pride ourselves here on the lack of ability to drive in anything but pristine weather. 

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Well, then it's changed since my husband learned to drive: He's from Cincinnati and is one of the best drive in snow people I've ever known.

He's also exceptionally good at parallel parking. 

And if he has to parallel park IN THE SNOW, it's just magnificent. ::) ;D

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Snow in oklahoma yesterday, though not the big storm that was predicted. Street isn't too bad today, so back to work. I stayed inside yesterday, though I already had chocolate at home!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, then it's changed since my husband learned to drive: He's from Cincinnati and is one of the best drive in snow people I've ever known.

He's also exceptionally good at parallel parking.

And if he has to parallel park IN THE SNOW, it's just magnificent. ::) ;D
No wonder you married him. <sigh>

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Green grass Christmas where I am in the Chicago area.  It is cold.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
It finally quit late yesterday afternoon.  We have over a foot of snow here and the local ski resort is jammed packed!!!  We've had lots of snow for over a week and my commute home has been really, really nasty.  The ruts in the road get icy and then it's just a skating pond...

Quite pretty though!!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
We've had snow all day here in northern Indiana. We had white-out conditions for a while too. Predicted to get a total of 4-7" before it's over with tonight. Sure wish it would have arrived a few days before Christmas so it would have been a white Christmas instead of a green/brown one. Fortunately I've been able to stay inside my warm house today...except for a short time shoveling with my boys. With Christmas just being over we have PLENTY of chocolate in the house too.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Clear in Maine right now but they are predicting a classic Nor'easter starting tonight. Inland there might by 8"-12" of snow but for those of us near the coast--who knows? Slush and nasty most likely. Friday might be worse when the temps go below freezing and everything turns into an icy mess. Yuck!

L

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm back from my foray into the frigid hinterlands of Pennsylvania... everything has a coat of ice now. I shoveled my driveway and sidewalks and unburied the car... and shoveled the driveway again because the plow sealed it up twice. I wonder if the snow plow drivers feel bad when they see some poor woman struggling with huge chunks of cementlike ice or if they just give an evil laugh.

Then I drove a block away for cat duty (a cat caretaker couldn't get through the snow, so I took her place), and finally crawled to the Rite Aid drugstore for a milk chocolate Dove bar and popcorn.

TL Haddix, that recipe looks sinfully delicious. Betsy, your red cocoa maker looks beautiful, too.

It's good to be indoors with lights and heat and a roaring fire.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts