Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a short story go free on UK on the 31st...thus far I've only had 6 downloads post to KDP reporting, but the story had a top 3000 ranking yesterday morning. Today I'm still at a ranking of 6400, and somehow I don't think 6 downloads two days ago could keep me up that high. 

Has anyone else seen a lag? Or am I just really lucky that 6 whole downloads launched the story into a bestsellers rank of <6500? (Or maybe the book fairy granted my wish  :))

Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was actually wondering if it was the other way around! I released a new novella yesterday and have lots of UK stats coming through. However, my .com is still showing that BBOS...despite me being fairly sure I know of two people who've bought Pacifier 6.

Who knows!?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shawn Inmon said:
I have both sales and ranking moves in both UK and US today.
That's the odd thing -- my .com sales are showing right up. Hmm...maybe I'm just on the lagging server for UK.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Working fine for me. But sometimes I think we're on different servers. And sometimes I think different books are on different servers, because certain stuff will updating slowly all day, and then another book will get this dump of new sales all at once. So, it's really anyone's guess.

You should consider that there are a lot less people in the U.K. than there are in the U.S.

I've got a book that's sold basically the same amount of books both places. It's 1330 in the U.S. and 300 in the U.K. Big difference. :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Quiss said:
I can't even begin to figure out how to get into International markets.
.com is ticking along just fine but it's still brown bars for the rest.
I hadn't had any luck anywhere else either, Quiss, until this last free run. I managed 7k giveaways in UK and the sales have jumped there ever since. I posted about the sites I submitted to abroad in the Mega-Free thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
valeriec80 said:
Working fine for me. But sometimes I think we're on different servers. And sometimes I think different books are on different servers, because certain stuff will updating slowly all day, and then another book will get this dump of new sales all at once. So, it's really anyone's guess.

You should consider that there are a lot less people in the U.K. than there are in the U.S.

I've got a book that's sold basically the same amount of books both places. It's 1330 in the U.S. and 300 in the U.K. Big difference. :)
Okay...I'm just surprised 6 downloads would push me up to a ranking of 2500, but I guess anything is possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
kchighley said:
Okay...I'm just surprised 6 downloads would push me up to a ranking of 2500, but I guess anything is possible. Thanks!
I'm in the UK and actually make most of my sales here. It's pretty nice because the smaller market means it's much easier to rise in the ratings and stay there for a while. In addition, I also get my Amazon remittance straight to my bank for UK sales instead of having to wait for a cheque. Of course....I'd still LOVE to sell thousands in the US too. Wouldn't we all!

·
Registered
472 Posts
kchighley said:
Has anyone else seen a lag? Or am I just really lucky that 6 whole downloads launched the story into a bestsellers rank of <6500? (Or maybe the book fairy granted my wish :))

Thanks y'all!
I think there maybe something weird going on at Amazon UK. I usually sell twice as many there as at Amazon US, and suddenly, overnight, that's flipped and my usual UK average is down 50% and my .com is up. Wondered if it's something to do with tags being removed on the UK site in the last day or so.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
teashopgirl said:
I gifted someone a book last month that never appeared on my reports. Doesn't inspire a ton of confidence.
Are you sure the person redeemed it and if they did, are you sure they bought your book with it? (they can use the gift for any book)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
teashopgirl said:
Good point. I guess they bought a different book. :/
That stinks. :( However, they may not have redeemed it at all. I've had some giveaways where I sent the book as a gift but not everyone redeems them. I guess they forget?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts