Kindle Forum banner

is preordering for createspace worth the trouble?

682 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  75845 
#1 ·
I'm in the process or doing whatever I can to build a successful launch for novel 2, in the midst of a very busy time at my job. I have pre-ordering set up for the Kindle version of my book, which was a fairly simple process through KDP. Because my novel is YA, and many readers want a paperback copy, I'd like to allow pre-ordering of that version also, but it seems much harder to do if I'm using CreateSpace -- unless I'm not understanding something.

From what I've read, I have to go through much hullabaloo to arrange pre-orders of my paperback, involving an Amazon Advantage account and product page -- which then gets canceled at the last minute and shifted over to CreateSpace.

I'm stressed out and pressed for time. I'm doing a Goodreads giveaway of the paperback. Can I just wait and promote ordering the paperback when it releases -- without feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.