Kindle Forum banner

is preordering for createspace worth the trouble?

682 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  75845 
#1 ·
I'm in the process or doing whatever I can to build a successful launch for novel 2, in the midst of a very busy time at my job. I have pre-ordering set up for the Kindle version of my book, which was a fairly simple process through KDP. Because my novel is YA, and many readers want a paperback copy, I'd like to allow pre-ordering of that version also, but it seems much harder to do if I'm using CreateSpace -- unless I'm not understanding something.

From what I've read, I have to go through much hullabaloo to arrange pre-orders of my paperback, involving an Amazon Advantage account and product page -- which then gets canceled at the last minute and shifted over to CreateSpace.

I'm stressed out and pressed for time. I'm doing a Goodreads giveaway of the paperback. Can I just wait and promote ordering the paperback when it releases -- without feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough?

#2 ·
Yes, you can wait. You can start the setup process on Createspace just to get the ISBN # to use on Goodreads for the paperback giveaway, then when you do publish, it'll be with that ISBN, of course.

I don't know what the process is for doing a Createspace pre-order and haven't done it in the past. I understand some people like doing it because reviewers can post reviews to the paperback preorder edition before the book is live, which is something they can't do on the Kindle edition. When the books launch, the paperback and kindle editions are combined and the reviews show for all editions.

#3 ·
A CreateSpace pre-order is simply a step within the CreateSpace title creation process. A step that I skipped, although I did thoroughly review the pdf they produced from my Word file and discovered that Word had screwed up my formatting because I had clicked Automatic Update on a style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.