Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pubit sales have been terrible since April. However, I've noticed sales of my non-fiction titles pouring in big-time over the last few days!  Anyone else having a similar experience?  Maybe B&N has finally fixed their search database?

By the way, I've noticed non-fiction way, way outsells fiction.  Particularly Recipe books that my wife and I have published!

·
Registered
382 Posts
We had a huge jump in sales with the first Area 51 book. The book was being featured in the Best of Science Fiction, so that had a lot to do with it, but sales are still pretty steady and have increased some with titles of ours that are similar.

I don't think pubit was ever dead. We sell more there than we do at iBooks, but Amazon still has the most sales.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Last week, my sales over there were horrible, worse than they have been for months. But yesterday things picked up a bit. Today's looking pretty decent too. Here's hoping it's not just a holiday-weekend thing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
How has Pubit been doing? I've heard all kinds of horror stories about wrong sales reporting and no payments.

Being a UK author, I can't use the Pubit programme yet. Like with Kindle, we're stuck waiting for it to go international. I doubt it will happen before the end of the year, even though B&N said that it would be early 2011 when they opened to international authors. I have read about their problems on the Pubit forum and presume it's these issues they want to iron out before opening to the rest of the world.

Felicity Heaton

·
Registered
382 Posts
felicityheaton said:
How has Pubit been doing? I've heard all kinds of horror stories about wrong sales reporting and no payments.

Being a UK author, I can't use the Pubit programme yet. Like with Kindle, we're stuck waiting for it to go international. I doubt it will happen before the end of the year, even though B&N said that it would be early 2011 when they opened to international authors. I have read about their problems on the Pubit forum and presume it's these issues they want to iron out before opening to the rest of the world.

Felicity Heaton
No Horror stories here. There were a few glitches when they first launched, but our payments come on time and we seem to have hour to hour real time reporting of sales. My only complaint with pubit is I can't find a contact information email or contact form online, so communication is a problem.

·
Registered
632 Posts
6.  That's all I've sold this month.  I think the most sales I've EVER had over there was 13.  It is not a big seller for me, and I'd ditch it altogether, but I do have readers with Nook, so I'm being nice to them.  :)

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I wouldn't know, they won't let me in the store!

Hopefully my fourth run at Smashwords' Premium Catalogue will remedy that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts