Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the power adapter is the same for the K1 and K2? 

For example, will the same iGo tip work for both?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
Nope. It's a USB charger now
And you have to keep the computer on for 4 hours? That's just nuts. (I do however have a USB wall charger for my Sansa clip because it takes so long to charge.)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
MonaSW said:
And you have to keep the computer on for 4 hours? That's just nuts. (I do however have a USB wall charger for my Sansa clip because it takes so long to charge.)
I don't believe you have to use the computer. The port on the Kindle is a usb port but can be charged from an outlet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Whew! Good thing too, I don't charge anything on my computer, I have a wall charger for my ipod. It charges much faster too.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
The adapter plug in the picture looks a lot like the iGo connectors for my Nintendo DS lite (A88) and old Motorola Razr (A32).... Hopefully one of them is the same size. If it's the same usb adapter that is on the original Kindle, the A32 fits.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Toby said:
Oh, now I get it. Instead of 2 separate cords. 1 cord with an adapter to plug into wall outlet. I was wondering about those pics, but really only looked at them for a sec. Interesting.
iPod adapters have had this configuration for a while now.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for the info! Glad to know ahead of time, now I have an extra on order...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
kim said:
Does anyone know if the power adapter is the same for the K1 and K2?

For example, will the same iGo tip work for both?
So far they haven't posted a tip for the Kindle 2 on the iGo site. I hope my Blackberry tip works.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Gables Girl said:
So far they haven't posted a tip for the Kindle 2 on the iGo site. I hope my Blackberry tip works.
It's a standard mini-usb, so any charger that works on a blackberrry, RAZR, most other newer phones (except for stupid samsung), or even a PS3 controller should work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts