Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my 7th K2 on Monday.  On all of the others entire words disappeared in the sun.  I know I sound pathetic but I'm begging for some hope here.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
imallbs said:
I'm getting my 7th K2 on Monday. On all of the others entire words disappeared in the sun. I know I sound pathetic but I'm begging for some hope here.
I haven't had that problem on two different K2s.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Mine is fine, I read outside several times a week.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have a Kindle2 that has no fading issues at all.  I live in sunny Colorado, and read it outside a fair amount.  I've never had any issues, and this is my original K2 I got in February when they were first released.

Keep your fingers crossed.  Your luck is bound to change!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No fading? Really?  I dream of that.  :)
I will try to remember there is hope but right now, on one of the few sunny days I have not had to work, it doesn't feel that way.
Thanks for the boost.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
never had the problem with my K2 either and I am on my first one

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I still have my original K2. I took it outside on a sunny day once to see if it faded, and it seemed to be fine. I've not had it outside since. (I've never been in the habit of doing any reading outside.)

I'd suggest, if you haven't done so yet, that you keep track of the serial numbers of the units they send you; for one to see if they seem to be sending you newer units or possibly sending older units that were returned and (hopefully?) refurbished, and also to make sure that they aren't sending you a unit you already returned to them earlier. :eek:

(On a side note, it would seem to me that it would not be all that difficult for Amazon to come up with a process to test a replacement before sending it when the customer returned it because of sun fade. Oh well... ::) )

·
Registered
114 Posts
how will I know if it fades? is it really obvious? I just got my K2 this week, and have had it outside a few times walking around, letting the sun shine on the screen. I haven't noticed any fading. Does it happen quickly or slowly over time?
vickie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
fastdogs said:
how will I know if it fades? is it really obvious? I just got my K2 this week, and have had it outside a few times walking around, letting the sun shine on the screen. I haven't noticed any fading. Does it happen quickly or slowly over time?
vickie
From what I have heard, it happens really fast and is really obvious. You need to be in bright sun but the page just disappears completely.

L

·
Registered
904 Posts
I've read in the sun many times, no problems with my K2.
jp

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
No issues here, still on my first K2.  Fingers crossed they get it right for you this time!

·
Registered
102 Posts
No issues here... but I haven't taken my K2 out in the sun... I read all these posts and I'm now paranoid.  I don't want to be stuck in a constant cycle of returning and waiting, returning and waiting...  I go camping next week though so I'll probably take it outside this week before I go so I can be rid of this paranoia.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts