Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun to notice the gaps between words on my Kindle 2, i.e., more words are spaced out than others.  I remember fixing that with the left-justification option on my Kindle 1.  Do we have that option for the Kindle 2?  If anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
I would assume it's the same.  Hit your Font button.  Then hit "J."  Do justification options appear on the menu?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bacardi Jim said:
I would assume it's the same. Hit your Font button. Then hit "J." Do justification options appear on the menu?
I tried it, but it didn't work. I have a feeling they removed this feature; however, I hope I'm wrong.

B

·
0 Posts
After a little research, it appears that there is no way to choose justification on the K2.  At least none that anyone has found yet.  You might try Font and then Alt-J.  But don't expect it to work.

B

·
0 Posts
ElLector said:
Yeah, I think you're right. That sucks, but, oh, well.
I saw comments about this lack in a couple of other places.

Just makes me happier with my K1. ;D

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I saw comments about this lack in a couple of other places.

Just makes me happier with my K1. ;D
I was wondering how you and When Hell Freezes Over were getting along? ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Angela said:
I was wondering how you and When Hell Freezes Over were getting along? ;D
That's not its name.

It's the Kindle With No Name. (Which is also not its name.)

If it weren't (yes, I'm the last American alive who uses the Conditional Subjunctive) almost 1:00 AM, and if I didn't have a dentist appt. at 7:30, I'd Photoshop a Kindle into a pic of Clint from one of those movies. ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
That's not its name.

It's the Kindle With No Name. (Which is also not its name.)

If it weren't (yes, I'm the last American alive who uses the Conditional Subjunctive) almost 1:00 AM, and if I didn't have a dentist appt. at 7:30, I'd Photoshop a Kindle into a pic of Clint from one of those movies. ;)
No silly, Kindle With No Name is the name of MY kindle... remember?? ;D Just ask LR, she helped me with the name!! :D

B

·
0 Posts
Angela said:
No silly, Kindle With No Name is the name of MY kindle... remember?? ;D Just ask LR, she helped me with the name!! :D
Duh. You think I didn't know that? She was all excited about it. ;)

Of course, she hasn't named hers and never will either. And that's not my influence. She just doesn't name inanimate objects.

Who would?

;)

B

·
0 Posts
Angela said:
woo hoo! KWINN's very own personal screensaver!! Thanks BJ! ;D
Least I could do. I made you feel bad (I swear, completely inadvertently) a couple months back. I felt terrible about it. It's my make-up gift.

Happy make-up. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ha Ha Ha!  Too funny, Beej!  Can I use that for my avatar??

Funny(?) aside regarding text justification: An author, who shall (ahem) remain nameless, had one of his first short stories rejected by a publisher. Underneath the rejection stamp was a hand written note from the editor: "No text justification!". The budding writer, having assumed his manuscript was formatted incorrectly, placed a call into the editor for clarification. When the call was finally connected, the editor clarified: "There's no justification for putting that crap into text!", and hung up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts