Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I have some free books that I got in my K2 just cause they were free and I started to look at them an realized they were pointless. I want to get rid of them completely (I'm a big big neat freak, and if something I don't want is in a queue or archive I'll know it's there and it drives me nuts)...

Thanks

Kyle

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The only way that I am aware of is for Amazon to do it for you.  However, from what I've heard, they claim that they can only do it if they give you a refund, and that there is no way to delete them permanently otherwise (I think I have that right).  Since you said they were free, one would think they could "refund" you the purchase price (nothing), but if they have actually been changed to have a price now (which I'm sure they have), they may not be able to do it, as it would try to refund you the money even though you didn't pay. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nope, no way.

I downloaded A BUNCH of free books and I really wish I hadn't. I contacted Amazon and they told me there was no way to get rid of them.

If you go into Your Media Library at Amazon (amazon.com/yml) you can move books out of your collection and into a trash bucket. Even though they stay in the trash bucket, it helps you keep organized on your PC. But there's nothing you can do on your Kindle, they still show up.

·
Registered
736 Posts
So, if you download a bunch of free books you're using up your memory, even in archive, correct? 

If so, I'll be more careful from now on.  I guess that doesn't apply to free books downloaded from Feedbooks, etc.?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Only to books you got through Amazon.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
libro said:
So, if you download a bunch of free books you're using up your memory, even in archive, correct?

If so, I'll be more careful from now on. I guess that doesn't apply to free books downloaded from Feedbooks, etc.?
I don't believe books in archive use memory unless you actually pull them over to the Kindle. Correct?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
No, they don't use up memory, since they are not actually on the Kindle.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts