Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's now switched over to the new style, and though it looks swish, I hate it!

I liked having all my books with all my reviews all on the one page! Now I have to click through to each individual book, not once, but TWICE in order to see them?

Try as I might, I can't find an option anywhere to switch it back to old layout.  :(

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
For reviews, go to your author's 'home' page, and then hit "View Customer Reviews". You should see a scrolling page of books with the latest reviews, much like the old Author Central had. It's not really set up all that different from the old style, just presented differently.

At first I was taken aback as well. But it's just a fancier look to the same thing -- at least that's how it appears to me, anyway...

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Gareth K Pengelly said:
I liked having all my books with all my reviews all on the one page! Now I have to click through to each individual book, not once, but TWICE in order to see them?
This is the second time I've heard someone say this. Do I have a different "new" Author Central? The version I have is called Amazon Author, and on the home page, under my photo and a picture of some of my books, I just click on "View Customer Reviews" and it shows all reviews for all books on one page.

Edit: ha, I see someone got there first.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think Amazon should have just left it alone. I don't like the new version at all. Rankings used to be pretty much in real time. Maybe I'm missing something, but now it looks like the most current rank is two days old. Not much of an improvement in my view.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
I DETEST the new version. I used to come to Author Central to quickly check how many reviews my books had and if there were any ranking-related shenanigans going on. I con't do that anymore. I don't want to read the latest reviews of my 60+ books. I want a simple overview of how many each book has.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patty Jansen said:
I DETEST the new version. I used to come to Author Central to quickly check how many reviews my books had and if there were any ranking-related shenanigans going on. I con't do that anymore. I don't want to read the latest reviews of my 60+ books. I want a simple overview of how many each book has.
If you click the 'GO' under the Author Page section on the right, it takes you to a list of your reviews, showing the totals. Not the same as it was before, but it's what I'm using as the replacement now.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Gareth K Pengelly said:
If you click the 'GO' under the Author Page section on the right, it takes you to a list of your reviews, showing the totals. Not the same as it was before, but it's what I'm using as the replacement now.
That's just the author page on Amazon, which was the only other way I could figure to see # of reviews. Yegads, this new design is useless.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patty Jansen said:
That's just the author page on Amazon, which was the only other way I could figure to see # of reviews. Yegads, this new design is useless.
Yup. The old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts