Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you publish through smashwords and make it free and then opt in for the premium distribution and go through the acceptance process they will ship it to amazon and it will show up free on amazon.com. This is the only way I know about.

Springer

·
Registered
872 Posts
If it's too short to be an ebook, why not post it on your web site? You could also slap an ad on it for revenue.

You can also make it a 99 cent Amazon book anyway, and simply let people request a free one via email, and you gift it to them through Amazon.

It's also possible to make it a standalone Kindle compatible file, and send it to people as an email attachment, or make it downloadable on a web site, and the more tech-savvy of Kindle owners will know how to take it from there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J.R.Mooneyham said:
If it's too short to be an ebook, why not post it on your web site? You could also slap an ad on it for revenue.

You can also make it a 99 cent Amazon book anyway, and simply let people request a free one via email, and you gift it to them through Amazon.

It's also possible to make it a standalone Kindle compatible file, and send it to people as an email attachment, or make it downloadable on a web site, and the more tech-savvy of Kindle owners will know how to take it from there.
I don't know if it's too short. I read Ratticus, and it was about the same length, and I thought that a decent easy read. But thanks for that advice. I already have it as a compatible file, I think, so maybe that would work, too.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
brianspringer13 said:
If you publish through smashwords and make it free and then opt in for the premium distribution and go through the acceptance process they will ship it to amazon and it will show up free on amazon.com. This is the only way I know about.

Springer
I don't believe that Smashwords ships to Amazon yet, even though there is an opt-in/opt out section for it.

The only way I've heard of 'gaming' the system is to put it up for 99c on Amazon and the make it free on Smashwords. Have someone report to Amazon the lower price and they'll match. However, they may just make your Amazon book unavailable. I've never tried this myself. My only 'free' short story is available only through Smashwords and their retailers, like Kobo and B&N.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.