Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Does anyone know of an easy way to identify if a book is in a series, what the other books are and the order? I've been really struggling with this lately. I read a lot of romance novels, like a sorbet to cleanse the pallet between books that require some thought to follow along :), and I've noticed that so many are part of a series. I only find this out via the reviews and I then have to read every review to hopefully find someone thoughtful enough to mention all of the other books and their order (then of course I have to check to see if they're all on kindle which frequently isn't the case but I digress!). At least in the book store it's a little easier to tell, sometimes from the back cover, which the kindle versions don't have. I don't usually shop via Amazon but through the kindle itself. I would have thought since this is a digital format it would be easy to track these things but I haven't figured it out. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I find that while it may not always be in the title, as you review books prior to buying on Amazon, even if you don't see mention anywhere else, if its a series, something in the review will clue you in.

G

·
I usually try to find the date it was first published.  Another way to find out is check and see if the author has a fan forum.  People there can help you out.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Apparently, you can also look on Wikipedia for the author, and that will list the pubs in order.

L

·
Registered
205 Posts
that's what i do - i go online and search for "author's name, bibliography" and either wiki or some other place will have it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Vampyre said:
I knew that free wiki access would come in handy for something!
Ooh, Vampyre I'm with you. Never thought I would use it, now I have a reason to.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Pay attention to cush; he knows of what he speaks. FantasticFiction is the way to go. Try it with any author you can think of...go ahead I dare you!

·
Registered
290 Posts
fantasticfiction is wonderful, as others have pointed out, but for mysteries I usually use Stop You're Killing Me. You can search by author, obviously, but also by character or location or "if you enjoyed A, you might like B" - all sorts of temptations for the mystery buff.

Tracey

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I use Google or the author's website...

I went and checked out Fantastic Fiction and now I will be using this as a resource as well... Thanks cush!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts