Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dearest greetings, Harvey and Kindleboards Mods,
I am wondering if there is an 'ignore this poster' (or something like that) feature or button available on this kindleboards forum/board.

If so, could someone please be so kind as to point me towards it?

And, if not, why not?  It appears to be available at most internet forums - so, why not this one?

Thank you greatly,
Alexia

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
It has been requested before - and I know it is available in other boards. I've looked at a software mod that provides that function, and I am uncomfortable right now with installing it. This is because it does extensive updates to the database and to the forum software, and I don't have a warm feeling about how well it is supported.

So, I'm still looking for a better solution that won't put our forum at risk. Thanks - and sorry. I know it is taking me a while.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harvey said:
It has been requested before - and I know it is available in other boards. I've looked at a software mod that provides that function, and I am uncomfortable right now with installing it. This is because it does extensive updates to the database and to the forum software, and I don't have a warm feeling about how well it is supported.

So, I'm still looking for a better solution that won't put our forum at risk. Thanks - and sorry. I know it is taking me a while.
Nah, that's cool. I didn't realize that it would require all that bunch of software stuff (of which I know a firm squat).

It's just that there is a particular poster that feels to me more T*** than forum member; and I would relish a kindleboards Beautiful Morning w/o having to see [that poster's] antagonistic jibes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bacardi Jim said:
Wait! It's not me you are wanting to ignore, is it?
NO!!! I (almost nearly literally) adore you!!!

In all seriousness - You are my very favorite poster here. No S. Really. No S. about that.

I would never ignore you. Aw, heck. You're smart and you know how to toss about an apostrophe. What on earth could be more alluring than that? (LR is a lucky girl - and I know she knows it!)

I was not joking when I said that you're my favorite poster here. We seem to agree on very many things. Yes, we do.

With much respect,
Alexia

B

·
0 Posts
Xia said:
NO!!! I (almost nearly literally) adore you!!!

In all seriousness - You are my very favorite poster here. No S. Really. No S. about that.

I would never ignore you. Aw, heck. You're smart and you know how to toss about an apostrophe. What on earth could be more alluring than that? (LR is a lucky girl - and I know she knows it!)

I was not joking when I said that you're my favorite poster here. We seem to agree on very many things. Yes, we do.

With much respect,
Alexia
Awwww........

I'd blush, if my blood weren't all concentrated elsewhere. ;)

Thanks, Sweetnexia. (Sweetness + Alexia) Just checking. I've been a bit abrasive around these parts lately. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
And for those of you who are all aghast at Xia's vulgarity... she's a lady.  She doesn't S. (She made that clear.)  She Poos.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bacardi Jim said:
I've been a bit abrasive around these parts lately. ;)
Okay. There are just sooo many ways I could joke that up. But. As you pointed out to me - this is a family station. So I won't go there.

;)

P.S. Have you posted your 25 random things yet? Personally, I can't think of 25 things about myself that even interest me so I probably won't be posting in that thread anytime soon. (How do you go "Hyunk-hyunk-hyunk" *wink* in cyber-speak?)

B

·
0 Posts
Xia said:
Okay. There are just sooo many ways I could joke that up. But. As you pointed out to me - this is a family station. So I won't go there.

;)

P.S. Have you posted your 25 random things yet? Personally, I can't think of 25 things about myself that even interest me so I probably won't be posting in that thread anytime soon. (How do you go "Hyunk-hyunk-hyunk" *wink* in cyber-speak?)
I did it. I tried to make mine completely random. It's on page 2 or 3 I think.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,3048.msg68393.html#msg68393

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bacardi Jim said:
I did it. I tried to make mine completely random. It's on page 2 or 3 I think.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,3048.msg68393.html#msg68393
Wow. We really do have a lot in common. And not just the odd scaly parts. ;) My mom suicided on my one of my birthdays. I am so truly sympathetic to your loss. And we have a lot more than just that in common. *genuine smile* and *genuine look of compassion*

Hey - Looks like I've managed to hijack my own thread! Oh yeah, that feels fresh!

(Sorry, Harvey - and thanks for the server space! You're awesome!)

B

·
0 Posts
*melts*

You know I'm lousy in the sack, right?  Hasn't LR mentioned it?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bacardi Jim said:
*melts*

You know I'm lousy in the sack, right? Hasn't LR mentioned it?
??? Wha ... ???

;)

Well, it was assumed. Afterall, she is there in the other room and yet you are here on the internet. Hmm?

Edited to add: BIG WINK!! WE'RE STILL FRIENDS, RIGHT? (Sorry couldn't find the exact right emoticon for that ... )

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, and, by the way ... since you posted your 25 I am now thinking I'll post mine.  Although, as I said previously, I really doubt I can find 25 personal facts about myself that would be of interest to anyone.  Goodness - just thinking about it gives me heaves.  -Xia-

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CS said:
Sorry if I upset you, X. :(

Okay, I'm only joking...I hope. :p
Dear sweet CS, How on Earth could you have possibly upset me?!

If it weren't for you *our* beloved bargain thread would have fallen as ashes long ago!! You, CS, are also one of my favorite posters!

I am so thankful for everything - every word - that you contribute to this forum, CS! (Gosh, I wish I knew your real name, or what CS stands for, so that I could address you correctly.)

With much respect,
Lexi

(edited to add: aw, shoot, I can't even keep my nicknames straight! "Lexi" is short for my real name "Alexia" just as "Xia" is.) Phew!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
/pokes head in, looks around!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
*melts*

You know I'm lousy in the sack, right?
I'm pretty sure that LR highjacked BJ's computer to write that one :)

I'd love an ignore feature, but I know those huge software upgrades can be buggy, and cause *gasp* downtime.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts