Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next book just came back from copy edits, my cover copy is written, my cover is done, so I'm about ready to upload. On my other two indie books, I put out the Kindle version first. But I'm wondering if there's any advantage to doing the print edition first? Would love to know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
After my initial go with print versions, I've decided to always do the print version, order a proof and read it before putting up the electronic versions. It gives me one more chance to check for errors using a different format. Also, I like the idea of having print and electronic versions up within days of each other. I had enough people asking for a print version that I would have liked to say, "Yeah, here's the link," instead of what I had to do, which was tell them, "Yeah, it'll be a few weeks."

·
Registered
251 Posts
I just released my novel on Kindle and received requests from family members who don't have an e-reader. If I'd gone the print route first, I could have sent them copies. But I don't want to buy an ISBN yet, and the requests for a paperback edition are few. The e-market is where the real action is.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks RM, Mark and Bryan.  All good points!

I was pondering whether there is any advantage on Amazon for listing the CreateSpace print version before the Kindle version.  Anyone know?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I heard this was true. Not sure.

KathyCarmichael said:
Thanks RM, Mark and Bryan. All good points!

I was pondering whether there is any advantage on Amazon for listing the CreateSpace print version before the Kindle version. Anyone know?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I don't know about you, but my big promotional push on a new book tapers off. I can imagine there are people who'd want a paper copy who hear about your book when they can't get it, then forget about it and don't hear about it again.

I don't think that's enough of an advantage to keep me from putting my ebooks out first, though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!  I got anxious and decided to go ahead and put it out on Kindle. Waiting for it to finish the "in review" process now.  Guess I won't personally know if there's an advantage to doing the print first, but I would still love to know :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts