Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kindle comes tomorrow and while there are a great plethora of books out there, I have been looking for a lot of books from my pre-teen/late-teen days and a lot of them are not on there.

For example, to name just a tiny few:

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Deep Wizardry (the Young Wizards series, basically) by Diane Duane
Redwall books by Brian Jacques

I know that some authors like Rowling don't support the Kindle, but the authors of the books I listed have other things on the kindle (hell, I think there are even some Stephen King books not on it yet), so I'm wondering if it just takes time for older books to be integrated? I know that, from a market standpoint, that it makes the most sense to focus on getting the next best things on to the Kindle, but I'm just wondering if they are still trying to get older books available as well?

Also, what are the chances of old children/young adult series to make their way over? Even though I just turned 22, I'd love to have the Goosebumps and Animorphs collections all on my Kindle.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
JCKey618 said:
...so I'm wondering if it just takes time for older books to be integrated?
Yes. For particular titles that you're interested in, contacting the publisher and/or using the "Tell the Publisher..." link on amazon may help hurry things along, and certainly couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I am not at all sure how Amazon decides which titles to add 1st,last etc.
I do know they are adding lots of titles all the time,so I am sure sometime soon they will have those as well.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
It appears to me that many publishers are simply going backwards in time when releasing books ... so a series may have the last 4 but not the first 2 books available ....

Of course, I've also seen a couple authors where it appears their books are being released randomly ... so go figure.  :) 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Go to the Book Corner - there is a thread for "I Want this Book on Kindle" - lots of people will go and click for you as well.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There was a book on an author's backlist that I wanted, so I emailed the publisher and author, asking when it was going to "Kindle-ized" (not if, but when), and a little while later (a month or two, maybe) the book I wanted was on the Kindle (and the other books on her backlist are making their appearances, too). I'm not sure how much good clicking on the "I want this book on my Kindle" button does, but I think that writing directly to the publisher and author is more personal, and therefore more likely to make an impression. Just my few cents. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
The "I want this book on my Kindle" button may have some influence. A friend of mine wrote a book which is basically just selling to people who know her. I put it in the KB click list & my friend did mention that Amazon told her there were multiple requests to Kindlize the book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts