Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking because like me, you might be clueless at how social media works and all the rest of it. Or maybe you can't be bothered. I don't mean throwing a few quid at some BB campaign. But somebody who can, for a few quid obviously, advertise your ebook on social media. I've tried fiverr without success, but I was thinking of somebody who knows the right audience to target. (See ebook in sig. line)

·
Registered
874 Posts
$999 per month fee plus you pay the advertising costs starting at $20 per day so minimum $1600 per month. If you can afford that, check out Author Platform Rocket.

https://agency.authorplatformrocket.com/agency-services/i-need-everything

That's not a recommendation, BTW; I can't testify to it one way or another, although their newsletter list builder service was good for me. I was tempted, but that kind of money is a bit too risky for me. The testimonial authors all appear to be doing okay rank-wise, though.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying, folks. It's just that I've had a long hard think about it and realised the old paperback writers never did it apart from bookshoop signings. Granted, they paid for it via the publisher's cut, but still.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
wearywanderer64 said:
Thanks for replying, folks. It's just that I've had a long hard think about it and realised the old paperback writers never did it apart from bookshoop signings. Granted, they paid for it via the publisher's cut, but still.
Most trad pub authors had to do all (or much) of their own marketing. It's a myth that trad publishers did/do a lot of PR/big marketing pushes. Obviously they do this for their tentpole books that have six-figure advances or huge print runs, but the average mid-list author was, and still is, often largely on their own. An author must cultivate their own platform and fanbase. The indie game hasn't changed that - the only thing that has changed is that marketing is easier, cheaper, and more targeted thanks to the internet.

I don't have anyone to recommend on social media. Most of the hired guns I've seen in any industry have been bad. Look, if you're going to tweet and post on Facebook, it's 99% of the time best to do it yourself. Why? It's right in the name - social media. It's a way to interact with your fans 1:1 (or kind of 1:1-ish). Hiring someone to do it removes most of the reason for a fan to engage with your accounts, since they want to follow you, not your assistant or marketer.

I'm not a social media ninja, but basically if you act like a person and tell people about your books in a friendly way, you're fine. That's why people are on your page. If you want to post pictures of your cats or vacations, you can, but that's not necessary unless you want to do that.

If you want someone to organize your promo for you, look into Book Rank. Ram charges $50 + around 6 - 7% of the total value of the promo you book, and booked a quarter million (half a million?) in promos last year alone, IIRC. They include some PPC options, but I didn't think that was the strong point of the service. I'd focus on the promo booking.

Nick

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ram helped me out in a pinch and was great.

However, I booked his FB book option and I should have looked at it a bit more. His specialty is Romance and that's the focus of his FB page. So posting my post-apocalyptic book on there was kind of pointless. Apples to oranges. My fault. I should have checked before hand instead of giddily tossing money at someone to do my work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.