Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been a resurgence of interest in my first novel, Hearts Across Forever, which is a reincarnation story. I've always enjoyed reading stories about reincarnation and am wondering if there is renewed interest in these stories. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Monti
Mary Montague Sikes

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Well, I just took a quick survey and came up with 50% choosing "No, I'm not interested" and the other 50% not voting. However, my survey had a large degree of deviation since the survey size was very small: me and my dog.  ;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've never come across many books about reincarnation, although I confess I've not really gone looking. My favorite is "Audrey Rose : A Novel of Reincarnation". I like 'em to be scary!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Monti said:
There's been a resurgence of interest in my first novel, Hearts Across Forever, which is a reincarnation story. I've always enjoyed reading stories about reincarnation and am wondering if there is renewed interest in these stories. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Monti
Mary Montague Sikes
I Love stories about reincarnation. Is there an order your books should be read in?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. There is no sequence for my books. They all have paranormal elements and exotic settings. I love to use dreams in my stories. Secrets by the Sea has ghosts.

Mary Montague Sikes

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vonda Z wrote, "Maybe there is more interest because FOX picked up a reincarnation series for Fall 2009 called "Past Life"?"

Thanks! That is exciting news! I didn't know about it and will certainly want to watch. The subject has fascinated me forever!

Monti

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but I love to read stories about them that are factual. I like to see the comparison on factual data that might support the theory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheerio wrote, "I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but I love to read stories about them that are factual. I like to see the comparison on factual data that might support the theory."

I love those kinds of stories, too. The research done on the subject by Dr. Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia is fascinating. Years ago, I read his book, Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation, and was captivated. He has written other books since then. Wish I had time to read more research work. Maybe I will. I would love to write another reincarnation story.

Monti

1 - 9 of 9 Posts