Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I am thinking that there may be too many gadgets in my life today. Nothing different today except I'm at my daughter's house watching my grand-doggies instead of being at my own house.
But the scene is the same just a different house----
I'm sitting in the lazyboy typing this on the laptop. Next to me on the end table is my Kindle, Nintendo DS, I-pod, cell phone and the remote for the TV.  All of which I have used today and really NEED. Out in my car is my X-M radio (I didn't bring my boom box for it on my trip so it's staying in the car) and my TomTom.

I'm guessing there are others out here on these boards that like all the new toys also.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
No such thing as too many gadgets. I like gadgets that have a specific purpose like my GPS. It does one thing, and it does it very well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Too many gadgets would be the ones in the closet that have never been used. I have a laptop, cell phone, Zune and Kindle. All of them do different things and I use them regularly. Oh yes, we have a gps I bought for my husband (who is not a gadget person, but he loves it).

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only time I feel I have too many gadgets is if I'm traveling. Getting together all the chargers, equipment and other accessories for the cell phone, Kindle, GPS, camera, satellite radio, laptop, etc. always seems to be a hassle. Plus, they seem to take up quite a bit of room.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Asking if we have too many gadgets is like asking if we have too many Kindle accessories!  I will agree though with Lotus about only feeling like I have too many gadgets when travelling and having to pack all the chargers for everything.  Between my iPhone, laptop, Kindle, camera, iPod, PSP, and my TomTom I need a suitcase just for all the chargers!  At least with the Kindle I've cut down on the space needed for books!  At least my PS3, Wii, XBOX, NDS, Squeezebox and the other 3 computers get a break while I'm gone though...ok maybe I have a few too many gadgets....NAH!

EDIT: Almost forgot to give my Harmony remote some luv!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Lets see.
kindle
camera
laptop
remote (for tv and light/fan)
Zune
booklights
wii
gameboy (i've had for nearly ten years)
two electronic dictionaries
That's just within an arms length of my desk. to wonder i get distracted from homework so easily

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I don't think you can have too many gadgets, but I'm definitely happy that technology is converging to bring together multifunction devices like the iPhone (as one example). Because while I love gadgets, I don't like schlepping around more of them than necessary. But now we're getting close to "optimal," at least for me:

- MacBook Pro (I could live with a smaller/lighter laptop, but this one's close to ideal)
- iPhone (phone, text, web, email, GPS/navigation, music, light gaming, camera for happy snaps)
- Kindle (duh!) :D

We've got a little pocket Olympus camera for better pics (plus Jan's Canon digital SLR for more serious photography), and I'm planning on getting a Sanyo Xacti HD camcorder to replace the bulky camcorders I used to use (and it will probably also double now as my "pocket camera," as well).

I've got a PSP, but haven't really used it in a while - I haven't had much time for gaming since getting In Her Name on the street and getting sucked into KindleBoards! Leslie, it's all your fault! LOL! ;D

Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
- MacBook Pro (I could live with a smaller/lighter laptop, but this one's close to ideal)
Have you tried the MacBook Air? It's not as feature packed as the MacBook Pro, but it's really great for those quick trips where you just need the essentials and don't mind the smaller screen.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
mimikoh said:
Have you tried the MacBook Air? It's not as feature packed as the MacBook Pro, but it's really great for those quick trips where you just need the essentials and don't mind the smaller screen.
We looked at that, but we really needed the pros for a variety of reasons. I'm not complaining about them, but it'll be nice as miniaturization continues!

·
Registered
295 Posts
As the wife of "Mr. Gadget," I'd have to say "yes... there is a such thing as too many..."
;D

Thanks for making Kindleboards so much fun for Harv, though.
Y'all have a happy weekend.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.