Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My large Oberon order arrived today and I'm thrilled with almost all of it. It includes a gorgeous lg. journal in Creekbed Maple Green, among other things.

This is not a Kindle product, but I ordered the Iris card holder and there is a shiny substance behind the design that is very unsightly. It looks as though it was a reinforcement during the manufacturing process that wasn't completely removed. It looks like it should be sticky, but it's not.

Does anyone else have an Oberon card holder with this substance on the inside?

·
Registered
194 Posts
i just checked my ober cover and it does indeed have that same shiny area.  i'm quite sure it's just the result of the leather being compressed during the design imprinting process which must use considerable pressure to emboss the leather as nicely as there's does.  the affected area doesn't show on the kindle covers since it's covered by the inner leather flap but it's there.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I have a Sun card holder, and while mine isn't "shiny" there is definitely an area on it that looks like that. I didn't even notice until you said something, since the cards I keep in it hide it! Heh.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DD

My purple "greenman" design has the same shiny stuff on the inside behind the design.  I think it's just from where the imprint is.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK.  Just wanted to know if it was normal.  It almost looks like a defect.  I also ordered a saddle acanthus check book cover which is an all-over pattern and none of this appears on the inside of that item.  Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
921 Posts
DD said:
OK. Just wanted to know if it was normal. It almost looks like a defect. I also ordered a saddle acanthus check book cover which is an all-over pattern and none of this appears on the inside of that item. Thanks, everyone.
I think with the designs you and I have for the journals, there is a lot of heavy black imprint on the design and I think that's what is doing it. With a heavier black imprint, I think you get that shiny-ness.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kevin63 said:
I think with the designs you and I have for the journals, there is a lot of heavy black imprint on the design and I think that's what is doing it. With a heavier black imprint, I think you get that shiny-ness.

Kevin
Yes, you're probably right, Kevin. I'll just hide it with my driver's license.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i just remembered the same thing would happen on the opposite side of the imprint when i used to do leather stamping using hand stamps and a mallet. it's just the leather getting smashed between the stamp and the flat hard back surface .  there is assorted color adhesive sheet felt available that you could use to cover the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts