Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's just me being paranoid but I don't recall any book I've read on the Kindle just ending, usually there are a couple of non story pages, so it feels like Naked In Death ended way too abruptly, as if I didn't get the entire book. I just want to confirm that this is how it's supposed to end.

Here's the very last paragraph.

"He stepped into the elevator, the cat at his feet. "No." He brushed his lips over Eve's hair. "No Dreams tonight.""

And that's it, no fade out, no "The End", it just ends. It was quite a shock to try turning to the next page only to find out that there were no more pages.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Yes, that is the end, at least that is the way the hardbound version I have ends.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yep, that's the end!
Glory in Death will pick up not too much time later... and you are hooked on Eve and Roarke! :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmations, much appreciated. :)

Mom of 4 said:
and you are hooked on Eve and Roarke! :)
More like hooked on J.D. Robb as I was very pleased with the way she told her story, not one complaint, well, aside from the abrupt ending anyway. :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
"He stepped into the elevator, the cat at his feet. "No." He brushed his lips over Eve's hair. "No Dreams tonight.""

And that's it, no fade out, no "The End", it just ends. It was quite a shock to try turning to the next page only to find out that there were no more pages.
I asked the same question when I finished Naked. The others aren't quite so abrupt, but that one had me thinking I was missing something. :/

·
Registered
279 Posts
I still have to read that one....it seems that I've fallen very behind in the "In Death" series...I don't even remember where I left off - and I have so many of the paperbacks laying around that I'm not even sure what I own anymore.  That's why I LOVE my Kindle so much.  I have 2 rooms filled with boxes of books - I have no idea what's in them, and I know I've bought books that I already owned.  I get about 2 chapters in and I realize that I've already read it.  The Kindle has help me get organized (and that's no small feat!).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts