Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I live in Lisbon, Portugal. I'm 33 and have had the chance of visiting more than 30 countries (almost one per year:)). The more I travel, the more I'm convinced that Portugal is one of the best places to live in the world:).

So, the destination you should serioulsy consider is Lisbon!
Why? Because of this:
- Anthony Bourdain in Lisbon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXpGfIvETC8
- Cheap, amazing food, safe, beautiful old city, recently elected best value for money destination in the world on Trip Advisor:
http://theportugalnews.com/news/lisbon-best-for-value-and-romance/27474

Google it. If you decide to come, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll give you some precious advice! Yep, we're also the most welcoming people in the world...ok, number 2, after brazilians:)

Best,

Filipa

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I was there before you were -- in '69 and again a couple years later!!  ;D

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I've been to Portugal briefly, and would like to go back some time.

Filipa, where would your dream vacation be, outside of Portugal?

Betsy

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Sad to say I did not get to see much, only got stuck in the Portugal airport on the way home from Spain, but would have loved to visit.

·
Registered
12,226 Posts
When I was a kid I had a penpal in Portugal (and another in Lithuania). Sadly, that's the closest I've ever been to visiting another country. 

72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I've been to Portugal briefly, and would like to go back some time.

Filipa, where would your dream vacation be, outside of Portugal?

Betsy
Outside Portugal, my dream vacation would be to repeat my honeymoon trip:). 2 weeks by car in Italy staying at hotels, pensions, B&B, etc, without booking and just going to wherever we wanted! We did about 2.000 miles. Cinqueterre, Siena, Ravelo, etc, unbelievable. Italy is amazing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts