Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't happy with my skin, it was a tad bit crooked up in the corner and I couldn't stop staring at it. So I gently removed it and tried again and made it so much worse! I'm afraid to keep taking it off. How many times can you try until it stops sticking? Why didn't I just leave it alone??

Melissa

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine is only a bit off-center & it's around the buttons so it doesn't really bother me now

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I repositioned my Kindle about 4 times before I got it close enough to straight that I could deal with it.......it's still not perfect and it does bother me.....but I'm the only one who notices it :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I think you have to know the kind of person you are--just like in quilting, some people can deal with "good enough" and others have to have it perfect!

Betsy

·
Registered
137 Posts
In addition to repositioning it, I also cut my current skin at one of the rear corners because I just couldn't get it to lie flat. Not wanting to over-stretch it, I just made a diagonal cut and lapped the two parts over. Worked great. Since it's on the back, I don't see it, and it might not bother me even if I could because it looks like a natural seam. I love the skin so much! (DG's Rozi)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I had to reposition mine a bit.  How about I didn't want to velcro my skin, so I just left the back off, can't see it anyways in the cover.  I have a K1.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Gah, this is what I'm afraid of with my skin.  They just contacted me and told me they can make it... but I am a perfectionist and I know if I get it crooked I'll never be happy with it!  I stared at my screen for three minutes today, sure that it was set crooked until I finally convinced myself it wasn't -_-

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thank you Dori.  The question made me giggle, but your response was the best!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
No her skin isn't straight, but since I named her after a poet from the Island of Lesbos, she doesn't mind!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dori said:
My skin is definitely not straight. Geez, I am almost 77. ;D
LOL Dori!

I took it off yet again and I think I did better this time. I'm happy with it anyway. The buttons are the hardest part.

Melissa

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is the main reason I haven't ordered a skin.  I'm afraid it will drive me crazy if I can't get it on straight!

·
Registered
545 Posts
My skin (for the K2) is straight. It took a little bit to get it lined up correctly. I did have to reposition it a couple of times but I lined up the buttons first and it went on straight.

EllenR

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
There comes a time when you have to say "Walk away from the skin!"
Mine has a little tiny bit off and a couple pieces of lint in it.  But I am playing cat and ignoring it.  If I don't look at the lint, it isn't there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dori said:
My skin is definitely not straight. Geez, I am almost 77. ;D
:D
Mine isn't straight either . . . I recently lost 65 lbs, and when you lose that much at age 67 . . . well . . . not a pretty sight ::)

I ordered my first skin last week and will soon be begging all of you for tips on applying it to Attticus, my K2.

I wish decalgirl could help with my own personal skin, she could make a fortune!

Kathie

·
Registered
118 Posts
Amazingly mine is straight and after only 1 application! Luck I guess!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts