Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle was delivered today!  I charged it up and have been playing with it for the past couple of hours.  The screen looks very nice, although I could not test it in direct sunlight as it was drizzling this evening in NYC.  Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so I will check it out then.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Although I have never seen a KK, the text on my K2 is very crisp.  I wear glasses with a pretty strong prescription, but I was able to read even the smallest text level without difficulty.  I notice the the brighter the reading light the more "white" the background appears to look.

The reader came with Version 2.0 software installed.  I am resisting the urge to manually update to 2.02.  Want to see if it will happen on its own.

I also received my Amazon cover.  The hinge system is very cool indeed and overall I like the cover.  That being said there may be a Oberon cover in my future!  I'm leaning for the Tree of Life in saddle.  I will go with the straps rather than the velcro as I really don't want to stick anything to the K2 (well except for a screen protector - which is on order).

In additon to the screen protector I also ordered a Mighty Bright Book light at the time I ordered the K2, but neither has shipped yet.  Lastly I order the Kwik Tec Dry Pac yesterday and got a shipping notice today.

Anyway I finally know what you all have been raving about!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome to Kindle ownership!

It didn't take me long to realize I didn't like the white bezel at all... It was brighter than the reading screen, and that was distracting. I knew I was going to get a case of some kind (now have Oberon River Garden in red), but my first purchase was a darker DecalGirl skin.

Get thee to the Accessories forum and go nuts!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yay, enjoy!  What book are you going to read 1st?

Watch out for those Oberons.  It's a really slippery slope.  1st you order one, then maybe one more for a change of pace and then you'll start thinking...hmmm..good things come in 3's, right?

Deb

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellent!  Welcome!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congrats on the Kindle! When you resurface, check back in with us. :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Congratulations and ENJOY!  Be sure to go to the Book Corner for free and bargain books, so you'll have more money to spend on skins, and covers, and lights, and and and and

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Congrats on your new Kindle!  Head over to the Book Corner and get book suggestions, and of course, you need to become very familiar with Accessories...

skins
covers
sleeves
chargers
waterproof bags
totes/briefcases/backpacks/purses to carry the skinned, covered Kindle in its sleeve with its charger and waterproof bag.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Congratulations on your new Kindle I am sure you are going to love "it"(?) as much as we all love ours.  Do post pictures when you have outfitted him/her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I got mine yesterday as well, and spent all evening playing with it.  Since I want to be sure about the cover, I put mine in a 5x7 zippered leather notepad cover (which works wonderfully so far!!) and have been scouring the net for new books and accessories. 

·
Registered
599 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Congrats on your new Kindle! Head over to the Book Corner and get book suggestions, and of course, you need to become very familiar with Accessories...

skins
covers
sleeves
chargers
waterproof bags
totes/briefcases/backpacks/purses to carry the skinned, covered Kindle in its sleeve with its charger and waterproof bag.

Betsy
Betsy, I think you need to add one more banner to your signature... ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts