Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH has a beeper for work. If it goes off, he has less than an hour to report in uniform with bags packed.
There is a weekly test night where it goes off at a specific time. You always know what day and time it is when they start to go off.

Well, tonight, it happened and it's NOT test time. So, now, I'm in wait mode. Don't know if he's going anywhere, where he might go or when he's coming back. May or may not get a phone call either. :-\
Gotta love being a military spouse. <sigh>

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a husband who gets called out too. not as scarry as military and he can only be taken for up to 21 days. my thoughts are with you. Find a good distraction might i suggest a good read?
Sylvia

B

·
0 Posts
Errrr... if your husband is in the military and gets called up for an action that is so secret that he can't even tell YOU where he's going, his mission objectives, or when he'll be back.......

...is it wise to publish this fact on the WORLD WIDE web where any/everybody on the entire planet who has a computer, modem or iPhone can read it?

I'm sorry if that sounds dickish, but... it's what you signed up for as a military wife.  You DON'T tell the entire world when your husband gets called up.

I hope you understand.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Errrr... if your husband is in the military and gets called up for an action that is so secret that he can't even tell YOU where he's going, his mission objectives, or when he'll be back.......

...is it wise to publish this fact on the WORLD WIDE web where any/everybody on the entire planet who has a computer, modem or iPhone can read it?

I'm sorry if that sounds dickish, but... it's what you signed up for as a military wife. You DON'T tell the entire world when your husband gets called up.

I hope you understand.
BJ has a good point... and something I never thought about when first reading this thread.

Thinking of ya'll... but please do consider what BJ said and not take it wrong... I do think he has the best of intentions with it.

While our thoughts are with sefivcemen and their families... maybe it is best if this is not discussed in an open forum, but that you go in person for support to others in your situation ( inknow most bases have that type of support system available). That does not mean we do not want to be supportive, but maybe the info is best not out there where anyone and their cat and dog can see (at least not the instant call-up with no detail... perhaps just a husband is serving in different local would be safer?)...

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks for understanding, TM.  I didn't want to sound like a jerk, but.... it's sensitive info, yanno?  There's a pretty good chance that the people Googlegirl's husband is being rushed off to deal with have computers and Internet access too.

Keep the faith and keep your chin up, Googlegirl.  But remember that loose lips DO, in fact, sink ships.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bacardi Jim said:

I'm sorry if that sounds dickish, but... it's what you signed up for as a military wife. You DON'T tell the entire world when your husband gets called up.

I hope you understand.
Jim,

I have been a military spouse for a long time and grew up as a military brat.
There was NO sensitive information in my post at all. For all you know or I know, he could have gone in to help with the 1st lady's trip to our post. It's been on the news all week that she will be here today.

Believe me, I know, what I can and can't say in public.

Thanks for your support.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
Hang tough Googlegirl - My DH was active duty Marine for 11+ years and we have been civilian now for 15 years.  I have on my favorite and now quit ratty sleepshirt that says "If you think it's hard being a Marine, try being a Marine's Wife" - your job is as tough as his keeping home and family going while he is gone.  My love and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was in the United States Cavalry and served in the first gulf war and my wife will know what you are going through.  For us its different, we know what we are there to do and we go do it, but for you spouses who have no idea as to whats going on, it must be very difficult. Hang in there and God bless you and your family.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Again with the "hugs". I had a Marine husband during vietnam and it was hard not knowing where he was or what he was doing. Sometimes you think your whole life is just waiting. Hang in there.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Googlegirl - it's ok - but BJ does have a point, the baddies know more than we give them credit for and guess a lot more. Maybe you ought to make up a generic comment like "it happened - need hugs" and no one other than those who have read this post would know and send nothing but HUGS and best wishes

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
crebel said:
Hang tough Googlegirl - My DH was active duty Marine for 11+ years and we have been civilian now for 15 years. I have on my favorite and now quite ratty sleepshirt that says "If you think it's hard being a Marine, try being a Marine's Wife" - your job is as tough as his keeping home and family going while he is gone. My love and prayers are with you.
I have that same shirt..My husband retired 5 years ago after 21 years.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I can't even imagine what you are going through.  I hope everything turns out ok and that he comes home right away.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
crebel said:
Hang tough Googlegirl - My DH was active duty Marine for 11+ years and we have been civilian now for 15 years. I have on my favorite and now quit ratty sleepshirt that says "If you think it's hard being a Marine, try being a Marine's Wife" - your job is as tough as his keeping home and family going while he is gone. My love and prayers are with you.
I had a similar coffee mug (but A.F., not Marine) - gave it to my daughter when she became an A.F. wife.

Hope your husband was indeed just called to the base for the first lady, Googlegirl. (And I did notice that you said you didn't know if he was actually going anywhere ;) )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts