Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aaauugh! I knew it would happen eventually. I think it is par for the course, and I expected to recieve reviews that might bug me. And today, it happened on Goodreads.

This book has the sweetest, most romantic line I have ever read in any book I have read.
But they don't say what line! It is driving me nuts. I want to know which line I wrote was the most romantic ever. It's going to drive me freaking batty.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hey, it's the reviewrs right to say whatever they want! They don't have to identify the line. Sheesh, these writers complaining about reviews is getting out of hand.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Kwalker said:
Aaauugh! I knew it would happen eventually. I think it is par for the course, and I expected to recieve reviews that might bug me. And today, it happened on Goodreads.

But they don't say what line! It is driving me nuts. I want to know which line I wrote was the most romantic ever. It's going to drive me freaking batty.
That would drive me batty!!
So if you figure out which it is or learn of what line it is, please post it here. Love a juicy line that sticks with you.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Kwalker said:

I'd just reply to the review and say "Thank you for the compliment. May I ask which quote you particularly liked? You've piqued my curiosity! :D"

·
Registered
472 Posts
Happens to me too. They will say "I can't believe you killed him!!!" when I killed about ten characters. They didn't say who. Or, "book is too macabre!" or "that cat was too mean!" and not say why they feel as such. It has gotten to the point where I don't even read reviews anymore.

·
Registered
851 Posts
It sounds like a great teaser for readers.  They'll want to see if they can spot the quote in question.  It's possibly the greatest favor a reviewer could do for you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Matthew with the wonderful grin has the answer. Just ask. It would drive me mad not knowing too. I'd probably have to reread my own novel and try to figure it out and then the trouble would really start. I'd see things I'd want to change and do another edit and damn it, does it ever end! Puleese tell us when you find out what the line is!

·
Super Moderator
67,481 Posts
maybe the 'sweetest line' is a major plot spoiler and the reviewer was trying to be considerate.  If she'd quoted it, perhaps you'd be unhappy at the spoiler. :-\

·
Registered
515 Posts
Kwalker said:

I think it's the line where the guy has sex with the girl, and then says that's the best orgasm he's had since the last time he had sex with another girl, which was the night before. That has to be the most romantic line she's ever read.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had a similar thing for my book The Bigfoot Runes. It was an awesome review where they said there was a secret for humankind revealed, but I have no idea what the secret is and I wrote the darn thing. :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I sent the reviewer a really polite note on Goodreads, explaining that I was sorry for contacting her without invitation, but that I was truly curious and very thankful for her taking the time to leave a review.

She was flattered, and told me the line -

"I dont call you My Lady as a title. I mean it more as a statement that you are my lady. I have not given up hope that you will consent to be my bride."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts