Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is here! Happy birthday to me and Kindle! My wonderful sister-in-law bought me a Kindle for Christmas and decided to give it to me for my birthday.  She also sent it a day early so I could wake up on my birthday with my Kindle!  She is the best and I am so very excited!  Bye - I am going to go read now! 

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome KINDLE ROOKIE and CONGRATULATIONS on your new Kindle. What a sweet sister-in-law!

Read the boards and get to know everything about your new 'best friend'...these boards are a great place
to learn everything you need to know.

Enjoy Reading...Happy Birthday!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Wow, what a great birthday present and SIL. 

There's a problem with the Kindle that's hardly ever mentioned, but you should be aware that you may get as addicted to this Board as you do to your yet-to-be-named Kindle. 

Don't  be a stranger and Happy Kindling. 

What's the first book you're reading?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok...I have finally come up for air.  I was feeling pretty good about turning 40 until I stayed up until 2:00am playing with my new toy!  Two AM is a lot later at 40 with two toddlers than it was single and 20.  This is the best thing ever.  I have called my sister-in-law so many times to say thank you, she is probably going to be sorry she gave it to me.  :)  Actually, I am going to see her next week and I am quite certain that by Friday evening, she will have ordered one for herself. 

This is the most user friendly thing I think I have ever used.

Thanks for the kind welcomes.  I can't get over how sweet everyone on this site seems to be (well, except Bacardi Jim, but I have quickly come to appreciate old weird uncle BJ!). 

I am going to go talk my kids into an early bedtime so I can enjoy my birthday evening with my new "twin" named...in honor of my SIL...Grace.

Have a great night everyone. 

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gertiekindle said:
Wow, what a great birthday present and SIL.

There's a problem with the Kindle that's hardly ever mentioned, but you should be aware that you may get as addicted to this Board as you do to your yet-to-be-named Kindle.

Don't be a stranger and Happy Kindling.

What's the first book you're reading?
I forgot to answer this...I am reading, simultaneously, The Princess Bride, Rebecca, and One Hundred Years of Solitude. This is so GREAT!!!! Sorry for the shouting, I have been talking in all caps since yesterday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Happy Birthday Kindle Rookie.... and welcome to the Klub to you and supermom!!!!  Keep us posted on how things are going with both of you and your new Kindles!!  Really a thrill, isn't it!!!!????!!!!!  No words to describe it..... because the experience is "beyond-beyond"!!  Those of us who already have ours have been there.... and it doesn't wear off.... it just keeps getting better!!

G

·
I am going to go talk my kids into an early bedtime so I can enjoy my birthday evening with my new "twin" named...in honor of my SIL...Grace

Remember, you can go to those free sites and down load all kinds of stories you can read to the kidlings. That way you can kill two birds with one stone. They are in bed and you are reading your Kindle. :)

PraiseGod13 said:
Happy Birthday Kindle Rookie.... and welcome to the Klub to you and supermom!!!! Keep us posted on how things are going with both of you and your new Kindles!! Really a thrill, isn't it!!!!????!!!!! No words to describe it..... because the experience is "beyond-beyond"!! Those of us who already have ours have been there.... and it doesn't wear off.... it just keeps getting better!!
If it gets any better than it has for me I don't know if I can handle it. I have always loved most tech things (cell phones excluded) and my Kindle is the best ever. It combines my gadgetry love with my love of books. Stick a fork in me I am done!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts