Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this change. Now if you use Canadian or Australian account you need to create an additional account on Amzn.com in order to get access to Kindle books.
Looks inconvenient to me as I'm in Canada. :mad:
On other hand, from the author's perspective, it will help to have all reviews in one place, if only this changes won't turn off e-book readers at all making them use other sources like Kobo.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Are you sure it's not a glitch on your end? Because, quite frankly, I would love it if they made it so Canadians had to buy from the .com store, because then maybe I could get a KU account without switching over to the .ca site. But seeing as they literally just came out with AMS ads for .ca and .au sites, it seems kind of strange that they would then start forcing people back to the .com site.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShayneRutherford said:
Are you sure it's not a glitch on your end? Because, quite frankly, I would love it if they made it so Canadians had to buy from the .com store, because then maybe I could get a KU account without switching over to the .ca site. But seeing as they literally just came out with AMS ads for .ca and .au sites, it seems kind of strange that they would then start forcing people back to the .com site.
Yes, probably it's the case, I switched account and now I can see Kindle books :/

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
ShayneRutherford said:
Are you sure it's not a glitch on your end? Because, quite frankly, I would love it if they made it so Canadians had to buy from the .com store, because then maybe I could get a KU account without switching over to the .ca site.
Yuck. Really?

I have a .com account and have studiously ignored all the nagging to change to .ca. I didn't realize that we couldn't get a .com KU account without switching over. I've thought of getting one a few times, but never looked into it.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
ImaWriter said:
Yuck. Really?

I have a .com account and have studiously ignored all the nagging to change to .ca. I didn't realize that we couldn't get a .com KU account without switching over. I've thought of getting one a few times, but never looked into it.
Yeah, when I looked into it a couple of years ago, it told me I had to switch over if I wanted a KU account. I prefer to buy the books I read, but KU would be handy for research, being able to check out books that might not be my preferred type of read, just so I can see the tropes and whatnot without forking over tons of money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts