·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Oh I was hoping for "The end" again.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, y'all. Joe, have you done any in hardback? They'll line a shelf a lot quicker.

cinisajoy said:
Oh I was hoping for "The end" again.
It's been eight days! You're a slave driver, woman! ;)

Victoria LK said:
How exciting! Hope they sell so fast that you have to reorder and reorder...
More than half sold, already. ;D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
<- Wayne, dancing a jig.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Wayne Stinnett said:
Thanks, y'all. Joe, have you done any in hardback? They'll line a shelf a lot quicker.

It's been eight days! You're a slave driver, woman! ;)

More than half sold, already. ;D
It took me 3 days to read it. Books look great Wayne.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carinasanfey said:
Congrats Wayne, it looks amazing! Did you do it using createspace? I'm looking into paperback options at the moment, trying to make a decision...
Yes, Carina, I use CS. I try to get the paperback and ebook live at close to the same time. As others on here will attest, that's like herding cats. I upload the draft at the same time as I send it to the beta readers, before editing. This gets me a very close spine width and I set up the cover using their cover creator blank template. While the manuscript is going through beta reading and editing, I can work on the formatting to get everything right, then make the edits to the formatted manuscript. With my last release, I published the paperback 20 hours before the ebook and they both went live pretty close to the same time and the two product pages were merged later that day, without me having to remind Amazon. As soon as they were live, I ordered the case of books, with expedited shipping and they arrived six days later. That's about as good as it gets.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MikeDavidson said:
Why'd you order so many? signed copies? Friends, family?
I sell signed copies on my website. This case will only last a week or two, sold 5 already today. My beta readers get a free copy, plus several to family and close friends. There are two book stores here in town that sell them, I keep them stocked with 5 each. I always keep at least ten in stock, just in case. Twenty of Fallen Out, I give those away a lot. When I have a book signing, I like to have forty or so of each.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts