Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You'll be able to get books from the Amazon store on iTouch. Anything else, and you'll have to use one of the other reader apps. Before I got my kindle, I used Stanza (for mac) but there are others.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
sandeeww said:
Do I have to have a Kindle2 to download books to my itouch?

Thanks,
Sandee
If you put the Kindle app on your iTouch, you can register it on your Amazon account. Then you can buy Kindle books and download them to your iTouch to read. You don't have to own a Kindle.

Is that what you were asking?

L

·
Registered
906 Posts
The touch won't read books from feedbooks on the Kindle application right? I am not seeing the touch in "My Computer" However it shows in iTUnes. Is this how all touches work?? I always could see my Nano in "My Computer" so I could use it as a hard drive if I wanted to. I just assumed I would be able to do that with the touch also.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
You probably have to download stanza then. Its free, too. It links to feedbooks some how, but I don't own anything apple. All I know is that my bff, who is attached to my amazon account, uses both stanza and kindle app.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Thanks Vegas. I was hoping I could have the Kindle app sync my touch with my kindle on the feedbooks because sright now I am reading more of those than the books I have downloaded from Amazon. Guess that won't be happening. That's okay though. I still love both my Kindle and my touch.  :)
I guess I'll download Stanza for Feedbooks. THanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
GadgetGirl,

You way want to think about having a book just for reading on the itouch. That way, you won't have to worry about trying to sync it when you're not near wi-fi.

I got to play with my Kindle App at work tonight and really enjoyed it. I'm about to find out if it syncs back up with my Kindle in the right spot (It was perfect on my iphone)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
lol. Went to check out the Stanza webpage and this is at the top: Forbes Magazine: Stanza: "The iPhone is also muscling into Amazon's home turf: reading books."
- iPhone Steals Lead Over Kindle
Here's Stanza for the desktop Just click 'desktop' towards the top next to iphone. the desktop verison is still a beta. When I scrolled down on the page I came across something about the kindle:

Reading for the 21st Century

Stanza Desktop is also the first program that has a built-in export feature especially for the Amazon Kindle. Your PDFs, Word documents, and other eBooks can all be exported to the Kindle's native format and copied over to the device using a USB cable. Get a paper-quality reading experience for all your electronic documents with this innovative new device!

Last, but not least, Stanza Desktop on Macintosh has an experimental new feature that allows you to export your books to MP3 audiobooks. Your entire audiobook can then be added to iTunes and synchronized with your iPod or other digital music player. This technology enables the blind and visually impaired to enjoy a wealth of electronic documents.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Toby said:
I don't have the itouch, but would love to get it. Do you download the Stanza to your computer or to the itouch?
Yes.

You download Stanza to both devices. There is a desktop version, and an iPod version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.