Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been patiently looking for a Kindle to give my mom for Mother's day. She is constantly buying books. They are everywhere in her house and she has complained she has no room for anymore.
I've let her use mine a couple times when we visited and she commented how she really liked it. I told her I would try to find a previously loved one on here but have had no luck until last week.

I'm so excited to say, I finally found one last week and it arrived TODAY!
I got a Kindle 2 with Amazon case for $250+shipping! I can't wait to give it to her. She is going to be so excited!

I also have an extra skin I got here for it. I'll wait to see if she likes it before I put it on for her. It's the pink tranqulity.

And, we like to read the same things, so I'll just add her to my account!

Squuueeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited! 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,578 Posts
Cool, congrats, and awesome deal!  8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
That is exciting!

Happy Mother's Day - BTW Mother's Day in Mexico is the 10th if you don't want to wait  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
That is exciting!

Happy Mother's Day - BTW Mother's Day in Mexico is the 10th if you don't want to wait :D
Wait, isn't it the 10th here too?
-- Confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Googlegirl said:
...I got a Kindle 2 with Amazon case for $250+shipping! I can't wait to give it to her. She is going to be so excited!

I also have an extra skin I got here for it. I'll wait to see if she likes it before I put it on for her. It's the pink tranqulity.

And, we like to read the same things, so I'll just add her to my account!

Squuueeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited!
This is absolutely beautiful. Made my day. Totally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,722 Posts
Excellent! What a great deal. She's going to love it.

When I gave my mom hers for Christmas, I loaded it up with books for her. She's technically challenged (doesn't know how to even turn on a computer) and doesn't have whispernet. She's coming to visit in a couple of weeks and I have to teach her how to transfer them via computer (even though I included a detailed step-by-step document on how to do it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Susan in VA said:
Wait, isn't it the 10th here too?
-- Confused
I don't know when Mother's Day is in the US because I am not a mother and don't have one any longer, I do know it is a Sunday but don't remember which one. In Mexico, Mother's Day is the 10th of May regardless of which day of the week it is, Monday, Tuesday, etc., lots of serenades at the break of dawn that day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
I don't know when Mother's Day is in the US because I am not a mother and don't have one any longer, I do know it is a Sunday but don't remember which one. In Mexico, Mother's Day is the 10th of May regardless of which day of the week it is, Monday, Tuesday, etc., lots of serenades at the break of dawn that day.
Interesting, I didn't know that in Mexico it was tied to the date instead of the day of the week.

I think here the constant advertising doesn't let people be unaware of the date. Just like Valentine's Day, you get bombarded with ads for flowers and stuff, it's inescapable.

Reminds me I have to go buy hazelnuts soon, I always bake my mother something with those and sometimes they're hard to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
I know she'll love it.....
jp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Angela said:
How exciting for your mom! I would love to give my mom one, but she keeps refusing the offer!
That's the beauty of a gift - you don't have to ask the recipient to give it to them! just GIFT her - she'll convert from dead tree and love it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
What a very nice daughter you are!!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top