Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,209 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Price Drop won't track it. :p The paperback comes out in July, and maybe the price will go down then.
I'm not too concerned. There are enough Plum readers on this board, I'm sure we will all check it from time to time. One of us will post when the price drops. Bet we'll know within an hour of when it happens. :D

I was disappointed when I read the reviews of the book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
sebat said:
I'm not too concerned. There are enough Plum readers on this board, I'm sure we will all check it from time to time. One of us will post when the price drops. Bet we'll know within an hour of when it happens. :D
;D I'm sure you're right about that. ;D

Finger Lickin' Fifteen is due to be released on June 23.

I was disappointed when I read the reviews of the book.
It's hard to keep up a series of this length and have all the books score high. I think #10 got so-so reviews, but then she bounced back with #11.

#10 is on my February list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,209 Posts
gertiekindle said:
It's hard to keep up a series of this length and have all the books score high. I think #10 got so-so reviews, but then she bounced back with #11.

#10 is on my February list.
I read 1 thru 13 straight through in a month. When I was finished, I got really depressed and didn't know what to do with myself. It took me a couple of weeks to get into any other book. I thought my best friend had left me. ::)

gertiekindle said:
Finger Lickin' Fifteen is due to be released on June 23.
I think maybe she is cranking the books out a little too fast. Maybe she needs to slow down a tad and allow for more story development time. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Last night I was watching Trinny & Suzanne, the two gals from the British "What Not to Wear."  In their opening show for American TV, they brought their skills to New Jersey.  They said the only thing they knew about the women of N.J. was that they wore a lot of make-up and big hair. 

Immediately thought of Steph. 

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I've been really disappointed with the latest ones, but esspecially 14.  It won't stop me from reading Plum Spooky however because even Janet's worst books are better then alot of others I've read. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Of course, since they waited so long F14 is no longer a best seller. It would take a cynical perspective on the world to suspect that this might be part of why they wait so long to bring out the Kindle versions of Janet's work, but... In any event, there isn't any promise that this one will sell for $9.99 although there would have been if they had released it in conjunction with the hardback or after a more reasonable delay.

Traci
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I love the Stephanie Plum series.  I have "High Five" on my Kindle, ready to go after I finish "The Kite Runner."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,209 Posts
traci said:
Of course, since they waited so long F14 is no longer a best seller. It would take a cynical perspective on the world to suspect that this might be part of why they wait so long to bring out the Kindle versions of Janet's work, but... In any event, there isn't any promise that this one will sell for $9.99 although there would have been if they had released it in conjunction with the hardback or after a more reasonable delay.

Traci
Maybe so but I've waited so long I am now over it. If we refuse to buy it at its current price they will soon mark it down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
sebat said:
Maybe so but I've waited so long I am now over it. If we refuse to buy it at its current price they will soon mark it down.
Agree Sebat - I have the dtb of the series, and would like to get them all for the kindle, probably will go backwards, but will wait for this one to be reasonable.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top