Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I arrived home this evening I was excited to see the box from Amazon with my new (and first) Kindle, three days early.  The folks on the Accessory Board have been very helpful sending me down the road of accessorization (I ordered an Oberon cover) and I plan to spend time this weekend learning how to use my new friend! In the meantime, I had a quick question.  What do you use to clean the screen of your Kindle? I have a Macbook and use a Swiffer duster (with no cleaning products) to dust the screen and a damp microsuede cloth (with no cleaning products) to wipe off smudges. I assume that would work for the Kindle too, but if anything else is recommended I would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks again!  Ellen

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
That should work. I use the lenscare that I got for the Lightwedge light and it works well. I forgot to add congrats on your new Kindle. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Congrats on the new Kindle!  And on letting the Accessories Board guide you as a new owner.  ::)

We're supposed to clean the screen?  ....rushing off to check Eleanor....

Betsy

·
Registered
599 Posts
For my Kindle, I also use the cleaning cloth that came with my glasses. Ironic, because when my glasses are smudged I usually just wipe them on my shirt.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations.  I too use a damp cloth and give it a quick swipe every now and again. 
Have fun and be sure to ask if you have any other questions during your weekend of K-discovery.
deb

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Usually a dry microfiber cloth will take of of most smudges, Congrats on your new Kindle. Any other questions, ask away. Someone here will know what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts