Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys,

I'm excited to say that short story #2 in the Veronica Grim/ Fairytale Assassin series is finally here! I know a few of you enjoyed No Rest for the Wicked and commented that you wanted the next one ASAP, so I thought this might be a good way to let you know it's out :).

Here's the blurb for this one:

Veronica's on a mission to catch a kiddie killer with a taste for red heads. She and her fellow agent, Chuck, must set up a sting operation to catch this Mr. Wolfe before he kills (and eats) his next victim--a bratty pageant girl named Ginger.

Things heat up when Wolfe poses as a talent scout, inviting the girl and her Grandma to his house in the woods for a private performance. Veronica can't move in without getting evidence first, but is haunted by memories of another mission where she arrived too late.

Can she play by the rules and also catch a killer? Or will Ginger end up as the main course?

This story is 6000 words long, or 24 paper pages long.

Please let me know if you'd like a review copy, and I'll be delighted to hook you up! ;)

Also, I'm uploading a newer version because I suspect an indent snuck through my formatting... full disclosure.

Thanks for letting me share, guys, and thank you to everyone who read the first ones!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are my hero, TJ!  :D  Seriously, though--thank you for all the support.  You rock!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I really like the concept of the "Fairy Tale Assassin" tales. I guess I'm your first fanboy! But seriously the stories read like something the lovechild of "Piers Anthony" & "Kim Harrison" would've written. So right up my alley  ;D

·
Registered
992 Posts
Already downloaded the sample so I don't forget to buy it after I wade through this pile of review books mocking me every time I walk by the stack :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Dara:  Thank you!  :D

@Kp: woo hoo! It's sad when you're overwhelmed by your To Read list. LOL.  ;)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@modwitch Me, too!  My husband is a big Piers Anthony fan, but I had to google Kim Harrison, and she sounds right up my alley, too  ;).  Yay for discovering new authors!

@alan nayes  Thanks, man!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
modwitch said:
No - I meant, if your stories are a cross between those two, I gotta go check 'em out. If it's a fairly accurate description, I'd be quoting TJ in my blurb - those two names will intrigue a lot of people :).
Oh my! Well now I have to go read Kim and find out for myself. You make an excellent point--hadn't thought of it that way.. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts