Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNEW not going out for coffee this morning would work out for the best!!! I just got my Kindle!!!  I ordered it through eBay and it was sent through snail mail.  The last time I had checked the USPS website it said that it left Jacksonville yesterday (I'm in Orlando and it was coming from Massachusetts)... so I thought for sure it wouldn't be here until next week.  But just to be cautious I didn't go out to get coffee and breakfast at Panera (I like to go with my laptop but now I can go with my Kindle!).  And sure enough it was literally just delivered by USPS.... okay so now I am going to stop typing and go open my box!!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations! What a wonderful Saturday morning surprise. Report back in a few hours after you have had a chance to enjoy your new friend.

L

·
Registered
501 Posts
didir1010 said:
I KNEW not going out for coffee this morning would work out for the best!!! I just got my Kindle!!! I ordered it through eBay and it was sent through snail mail. The last time I had checked the USPS website it said that it left Jacksonville yesterday (I'm in Orlando and it was coming from Massachusetts)... so I thought for sure it wouldn't be here until next week. But just to be cautious I didn't go out to get coffee and breakfast at Panera (I like to go with my laptop but now I can go with my Kindle!). And sure enough it was literally just delivered by USPS.... okay so now I am going to stop typing and go open my box!!!!! :)
Congrats dirdir! I was in your exact shoes 2 days ago, when my eBay'd Kindle arrived (and today, I purchased a 2nd one for Mrs. r0b0d0c, so she'll be going through this in 4-6 days!)

Carefully opening the Kindle box, checking the contents and removing the protective films, plugging the Kindle in, firing it up, connecting via Whispernet for the first time .... AHHHHHH, it brings back memories!

Enjoy!!!!!

G

·
Cool!  You're like me, when something makes it to Jacksonville, the next stop is my house.  I live the other direction though, up in GA.

Hope everything is good with it and you have a great weekend with your new best friend.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
didir1010 said:
I KNEW not going out for coffee this morning would work out for the best!!! I just got my Kindle!!! I ordered it through eBay and it was sent through snail mail. The last time I had checked the USPS website it said that it left Jacksonville yesterday (I'm in Orlando and it was coming from Massachusetts)... so I thought for sure it wouldn't be here until next week. But just to be cautious I didn't go out to get coffee and breakfast at Panera (I like to go with my laptop but now I can go with my Kindle!). And sure enough it was literally just delivered by USPS.... okay so now I am going to stop typing and go open my box!!!!! :)
My heart actually stopped. I saw the post title and with all the reports of credit card charges and shipping status changes, I thought you were talking about the Kindle 2. Don't scare me like that!

But congratulations! ;D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats on getting your Kindle this morning.  I'm so happy for you.  Enjoy.....happy reading.  Let us know how you like it.  I'm sure you will.

I can't wait for mine.....4 more days.  YIPPPPEEEE

·
Registered
107 Posts
r0b0d0c said:
Congrats dirdir! I was in your exact shoes 2 days ago, when my eBay'd Kindle arrived (and today, I purchased a 2nd one for Mrs. r0b0d0c, so she'll be going through this in 4-6 days!)

Carefully opening the Kindle box, checking the contents and removing the protective films, plugging the Kindle in, firing it up, connecting via Whispernet for the first time .... AHHHHHH, it brings back memories!

Enjoy!!!!!
Congrats to you also......love your avatar.....great show.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also received mine this week from ebay. I had to make a special trip to the post office cause I just missed her. It was worth the extra gas ;D.

I got him all dressed up and new screensavers loaded (plus all the books that I ordered ahead of time). All I need now is a cup of hot chocolate and blanket and you won't see me until Monday morning!! ;D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Jesslyn said:
My heart actually stopped. I saw the post title and with all the reports of credit card charges and shipping status changes, I thought you were talking about the Kindle 2. Don't scare me like that!

But congratulations! ;D
Hehehe, same here!! I thought Amazon might have sent them out early :)

Anyways, congrats!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats! It's so hard waiting for things to come in the mail. Well, you'll never have to wait for books again now that you have a Kindle!

G

·
Don't make me sic PETA on you! I'll do it! Cats are wonderful, beautiful creatures! I also like dogs and most other animals.

I also think PETA is like this post, a big joke.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrats on the new Kindle!  You're going to absolutely love it.

And how did I miss the thread on the Snuggie!  Now I have to go searching.  ;D

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm new to posting here, but I was lurking for months before that.    :-[

I think I was trying to stay out of the Accessories threads!  Of course, I failed miserably and am now waiting on an Oberon cover and 2 new skins.   ;D

I searched and can't find it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts