Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

A twitter-bug told me about this board  :)
I just got my kindle three days ago. At the time I ordered, it was on a three week wait. Last I checked, it was up to thirteen!

I love kindle!

My story:
Years ago, I was a voracious reader. Time, family, illness, and "life stuff" started taking my reading time away. I have a great appreciation for "real" books. I love the feel of the paper, the smell of an antique book. There are SOME books that are must haves in my house. There always will be. BUT, a great majority of books aren't ones that I "need" to see on a bookshelf.

Now, in a small handheld compact unit, I can conveniently purchase, read and store all I need. INSTANT GRATIFICATION is sometimes a very good thing, LOL. I don't have to worry about a trip to the bookstore in the mall, ragged pages if I want to take a book on the go. All the "complications" of reading are now gone.

On my first day, my television sat black. I read. All day. First book finished in 48 hours. If feels great to read again.

Not to sound too sappy (it's just not my style, LOL)....but:
Kindle has given the gift of reading back to me.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Thanks for the introduction, Iamc, and congratulations on your Kindle!  You're going to fit in very well with this bunch of voracious, instant gratification loving readers!  And don't forget Accessories to find a gift for your Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
iamc said:
Hi everyone!

A twitter-bug told me about this board :)
I just got my kindle three days ago. At the time I ordered, it was on a three week wait. Last I checked, it was up to thirteen!

I love kindle!

My story:
Years ago, I was a voracious reader. Time, family, illness, and "life stuff" started taking my reading time away. I have a great appreciation for "real" books. I love the feel of the paper, the smell of an antique book. There are SOME books that are must haves in my house. There always will be. BUT, a great majority of books aren't ones that I "need" to see on a bookshelf.

Now, in a small handheld compact unit, I can conveniently purchase, read and store all I need. INSTANT GRATIFICATION is sometimes a very good thing, LOL. I don't have to worry about a trip to the bookstore in the mall, ragged pages if I want to take a book on the go. All the "complications" of reading are now gone.

On my first day, my television sat black. I read. All day. First book finished in 48 hours. If feels great to read again.

Thanks for coming over here, I wanted you to get a warm welcome from all the nice folks. I think the Kindle has given many of us the gift of reading back.

Happy Kindling!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Iamc  :)

I enjoyed your introduction & did not find it to be the least bit sappy!

Glad to hear you have bonded with your Kindle and are enjoying it so much.

Feel free to poke around these boards, and do take a look at the Book Club corner as
there is lots of fund stuff going on there.

Marci

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome.  Jump in and enjoy the boards.  It does sap away some of your kindling time though.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
iamc said:
Hi everyone!

I love kindle!

My story:

Welcome Iamc it is nice to have you here. I read more since I got my Kindle ;D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you guys are a bad influence, lol...
you kept me up two hours passed bedtime just reading the board  :):)

·
Registered
447 Posts

Welcome!! It's good to have you here and we look forward to your posts.

I didn't think your post sounded sappy. No more than the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
iamc said:
Hi everyone!

I love kindle!

My story:

Hi iamc!! Glad you made it over here.

iamc said:
you guys are a bad influence, lol...
you kept me up two hours passed bedtime just reading the board :):)
I know, it's addicting, right? LOL! Enjoy the boards, like I said on twitter... NICE people here, and they understand and share our Kindle addiction. ;D

Birdy aka Victoria_Rose

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm so glad you told me about it!!  :)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard IAMC,

Glad you found us. And thrilled you found a new joy in reading again.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts