Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading on my iphone so much that I finally let my husband use my K1. So he has been using it for a few days and really likes it. But now that the DX release date has been announced I was considering selling it to help fund a DX purchase. So I mention this to my husband today and he said it's his now and I should just buy the DX for myself.

LOL

 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,500 Posts
Yes. . . many of us have learned this lesson:  never let a family member use your Kindle unless you are willing and able to buy another one, whether for yourself or the family member.  That's how most multiple kindle families became that way!  :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll still read on my phone in bed and anytime I'm out of the house. But I wanted a DX when I first heard about them for the native pdf files. I have a lot of documents on pdf that do not convert well. I'll end up using the DX like I do my Oxford Classical Dictionary. At a well supported work space LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Yes. . . many of us have learned this lesson: never let a family member use your Kindle unless you are willing and able to buy another one, whether for yourself or the family member. That's how most multiple kindle families became that way! :D
Hmm...my nephew borrowed my spare K1 two weeks ago. He claims he is going to return it soon. So, I guess what you're saying is that I should probably start looking for another spare K1?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
That sounds like it worked good for everyone, you get your dx he gets his k1. All is good in your house!

Cammie said:
Hmm...my nephew borrowed my spare K1 two weeks ago. He claims he is going to return it soon. So, I guess what you're saying is that I should probably start looking for another spare K1?
LOL spare kindles! That struck me funny!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just renamed my K1 as hubbys kindle on my Amazon management page so it's official. I did tell him he could choose his own skin for it, I had just put decal girls whimsy on it too LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,981 Posts
Cammie said:
Hmm...my nephew borrowed my spare K1 two weeks ago. He claims he is going to return it soon. So, I guess what you're saying is that I should probably start looking for another spare K1?
They are selling them at Amazon. It sounds to me like he owes you a ton of chores or something around your place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,111 Posts
Also when I read your post title at 1st I read it as .."It's official I lost my hubby to the K1"

I didnt know what problem happened in your marriage over a k1 until I got in here and re-read the title LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,992 Posts
I've been reading on my iTouch while I save for my Kindle. Works okay and I do love my little iTouch. But I still plan to get my Kindle and I've been thinking of names for weeks. So far I haven't been able to come up with a name I love, but I think when I actually hold the Kindle in my hands, the name will come in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,766 Posts
I have been afraid to let my hubby get his hands on mine! He keeps telling me I should upgrade to the K2 but I think he just wants me to get another one so he can steal mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
koolmnbv said:
Also when I read your post title at 1st I read it as .."It's official I lost my hubby to the K1"

I didnt know what problem happened in your marriage over a k1 until I got in here and re-read the title LOL
LOL that is funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
I'd read more on my iPhone if I could put all the books I have that I *didn't* get at Amazon on it :( I'm hoping that after their acquisition of Stanza, the next version of the iPhone app will allow you drop other books into it as well.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top