Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat down at the computer a couple of weeks ago with an idea, and typed "I wasn't born a cripple." Tonight, I passed the 10,000 word mark, so I guess it's official: I've started novel #2.

FINALLY!

I posted the first chunk on Goodreads for a sample Sunday on the 10th, if you're bored you can see it at http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/1363704-samplesunday-jul-10-2011

Also, after a three day dry spell, I sold three copies of my first book today. I was starting to feel like a has-been. ;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wow, I read it, and it's really, really good!  I have two rescue scenes in my soon to be released novel, where a rescue basket/bucket is used by the coast guard.  And not once did I think to use winched or warm rotor wash.  Dangit!   

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. How rude is it for me to start a thread sharing my excitement and then go to bed? :)

Ashley - I got lucky with the rotor wash; I needed for Andy Mac (who has actually been renamed Eddie Mac, since the first book prominently featured an Andrew) to feel something, because I wanted him to not feel it all over.

Vicky - the working title is "The Convert", and about 10 or 15 pages from where I am now it's going to take a decidedly horror / sci-fi turn. I hate that I write so slowly, because I'm itching to get to that part. I have big plans for Eddie Mac.

More oddness: sold two books overnight. I know 5 in one day isn't a lot, but when you've gotten used to one a day or one every other day, it makes you wonder if it got mentioned somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts