Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hesitated about which forum to put this in, but ultimately decided writers might find it most useful.

How about a thread on what you managed to accomplish today!

Personally, I need something to spur me on some days, and sometimes, I'd just like to be able to say, "Hey, I wrote 2k words today, yippee!"

So I thought, hey, why not a thread where we can all comment on what we've managed to accomplish?
It doesn't have to be "I wrote 100K words today." It can be as simple as "I did the dishes."
Some days, even just changing out of your jammies can be a challenge :) so why not have a place where we can write about what we've managed to do, no matter how trivial?

Chatting with others can inspire us and motivate us, so I hope this becomes a warm place to share and help each other put one foot in front of the other in our journeys.

So...so far, I haven't accomplished much today except start this thread, but hey, it's a start!

Happy Writing (or doing whatever you wish)!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Quiss said:
I made it to half a century :)

And I have the day off (Family Day here in Canada) so I can gently nurse my tiny hangover today. With chocolate, of course.
A belated happy birthday. IMP, the 2nd half is better (at least so far).

·
Registered
530 Posts
I figured out how to get around the internet firewall at work so I can get on KB.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Quiss said:
I made it to half a century :)

And I have the day off (Family Day here in Canada) so I can gently nurse my tiny hangover today. With chocolate, of course.
Happy Birthday, Quiss. I celebrated mine a few days ago. We share a sign. ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I accomplished joining this message board and actively pursuing picking all your brains for experience, insight and assistance.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I won a psychological war with my son who does not want to eat anything but liquids.
He ate a plate of mashed potatoes. \o/

Happy birthday Quiss!  :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Happy birthday Quiss!
When I made it to 50 it was definitely 'the first day of the rest of my life' so I hope you will enjoy the next part of yours.

Today I accomplished being on an interview panel and choosing someone for a job. Yesterday was better - I published another novel - only around 5 years after starting it!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Happy belated birthday Quiss!

I accomplished getting some additional ideas for the book I am working on.  Will be writing in about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I actually started writing my new book today. A little over 1000 words down. That's a good day for me.

Now, if only I can do this for 50 more days, I'll have that book written and ready to edit.

Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I drove to my son's house with my recently completed painting for the cover of my new short story and he photographed it.  I got to visit with my six grandkids, that I haven't seen since Christmas, in the process. ( And I now have a couple of them wondering if there really are monkeys in outer space.  ;D )  It was a nice day.

Happy Birthday Quiss.  After you are fifty you've lived long enough to actually have something to say.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Happy Birthday, Quiss :) Congrats, Cecilia on your book :)
Today, I'm working on some marketing and getting slightly depressed by my numbers, but step by step I'll find the way out of this tunnel :) Back to study.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Happy birthday, Quiss. Hope the meds help, Dara. And congratulations to everyone who accomplished something today, especially if it involved young children and didn't end in screams!

I tried something new today. I'm 17 chapters into a book that I think will be roughly 25 chapters. I have some idea now what I need to do to get to the end. But since this is only the second full-length novel I've taken to completion, I'm still learning about chapter and scene structure, and I'm pretty uncertain that I'm doing the best that I can.

Actually I'm pretty certain I'm not doing it the best way, but I'm determined to learn. So I started a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets) and laid out all the Chapters and Scenes in order, with columns for locations, characters, events, notes on how the chapter ends, and a column of questions (why is this guy here? should this scene exist?).

With everything I write, and with exercises like this, I can tell I learn more every day. It's hard sometimes, but thoroughly satisfying.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I wrote 2200 words today.

I was supposed to write 5000 words, but something didn't feel right, and I couldn't get past what I wrote. I decided the outline was the culprit, so I retooled it, worked on editing a different book, and felt like a big, fat failure.

Thanks for this thread. I feel less like a failure already.

We'll see if fixing the outline was the issue tomorrow, when I, yet again, try to write 5K. I hope I'm back on track tomorrow. I really do.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts