Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be a bad sign... I am happy with my Kindle2 but I'd love to go into my classes this semester with my pdfs not bursting the pockets of my folders.  My only concern is the lack of searching/highlighting in the pdfs, but then you can't really search them when they are just images on your computer either can you?  And I guess I can sort of get past the highlighting issue by using bookmarks on the pages instead.  On top of that I do enjoy manga and Mangle is already updated to work on the DX... I even already have it downloaded and waiting.

So does this mean I still need enabling or am I already too far lost to turn back?  I still feel like I'm on the fence, but I also kind of feel like I already own one even though I can't order until my grant money comes through...

·
Registered
710 Posts
GET IT! You won't regret it! (Whoa, that sounded too much like a cheer.) By the sound of it, it already seems like you're ready to take the plunge anyway...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I read an article that compared the average cost of buying textbooks, some used, some new and reselling them all back and it was cheaper to purchase them on the DX.  So if you plan using it for your textbook purchases then I say go for it!!

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow... see I thought that the textbooks on the Kindle would be a toss up compared to used ones.  And I hardly ever resell so I guess it'll be even better for me than I figured on!  I think I'm pretty much settled on buying it.  I'll be sure to post my experience with finding books and their prices once I find out what books I'll be needing.  My K2 already proved to be great last semester.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You can search within a PDF just not across all of your PDFs. Hopefully your grant will come soon!

Lynn L

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooo... I didn't realize that you could search within them!  That is -very- useful...  Okay, I definitely have both feet on the other side of the fence now, but I'm still using it a bit for support ><

·
Registered
918 Posts
fuzzykno said:
I read an article that compared the average cost of buying textbooks, some used, some new and reselling them all back and it was cheaper to purchase them on the DX. So if you plan using it for your textbook purchases then I say go for it!!
How much cheaper is the textbook on the DX than the real one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts