Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four of my books are now available on Kindle...and they're on the cheap side, too, so all the better :) Amazon is offering them at a discount right now, $5.60 each.

The first three are more in the women's mainstream genre (and are a series, though you could probably not read them in order), not Romance (while there are tingish of it there) and I have to admit the first one starts out in a nearly cringeworthy way (making me wonder what my editor was smoking. Seriously. What was it and why didn't he share?) but it does get better after the first 15 pages or so.

-- Charybdis

-- As Simple As That.

Finding Father Rabbit -- not sure why, but Amazon seems to have dumped the cover image for this one. I have to admit, it's probably my personal favorite (the book, not necessarily the cover...)

My 4th book doesn't seem to come up on a search yet, but the direct link takes you to It's Not About The Cookies. This one is more general fiction.

I am so totally not the sales type person...I'm not going to put these out there and say they're the BEST BOOKS EVER!!11!! but not half bad if I do say so...

What the heck, my mother said they were good :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Thanks Thumper, they look very interesting.

luvmy4brats said:
I'm incredibly, um,
anal-retentive
about reading books in order.
Me too. I won't read a trilogy until I have all of them. Drives my daughter bonkers.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Why is "Father Rabbit" your favorite?

Congrats, by the way!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I am not sure I would like the first three, (wrong gender ;) ) but I'll try number four.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
luvmy4brats said:
I've downloaded a sample of the first one. ;D Is the 4th one part of the series? Or is it a standalone. I'm incredibly, um,
anal-retentive
about reading books in order.
The 4th one is a stand-alone, and a fairly quick read (I think.) For reading order on the others, it's Charybdis, As Simple As That, and then Finding Father Rabbit.

It would be nice if someone has asked me which chapter would be available for sample...honestly, I'm not happy with the very beginning of Charybdis, but when it was first published, I didn't know to fight for one more re-write. I was just too squealy about someone actually paying me for writing :D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thumper said:
I was just too squealy about someone actually paying me for writing :D
Quite understandable. I can not imagine how anyone writes a book, I am just glad they do!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MichelleR said:
Why is "Father Rabbit" your favorite?

Congrats, by the way!
I think because by then I had lived with the characters for so many years, and I knew those people inside out--and I had the guts to fight my editor on things I didn't want cut, and things that needed to be totally rewritten. I was also more comfortable with injecting a little of TeH Funny in what was uncomfortable subject matter.

And also...my father-in-law read all three (my own dad has never read anything I've written, but that's ok because he's cute about it) and said it was *his* favorite. And he was my Superman ;) If it was his favorite, he had to be right...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Good enough -- purchased. Considering that my TBR gets longer DAILY, I'll read it by 2011 by the latest and let you know what I think.  :D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats on being "Kindllized"!  8)

·
Registered
817 Posts
When I saw the title of the first post, I kind of wondered if being Kindlized was sort of like being revirginated. ;D

I'll be happy to check out your Kindle samples. Right now I am way behind on my Kindle books.  Are any of your books going to be out in audio?
Congrats on making the Kindle list.
luvshihtzu

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
luvshihtzu said:
Are any of your books going to be out in audio?
I doubt it; the print versions came out years ago, so there's not a huge market for them now. Not like there really was before, either... :D

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
luvshihtzu said:
I did find one item missing on several of the book listings and that was a brief review of the book. Will these be added later? Can't imagine most people will download the sample without more information given about the actual story.
luvshihtzu
I don't know why the descriptions aren't there, and they have an old (horrible) one from the print book in place of what was submitted. I'm not sure what happened to the cover image for Finding Father Rabbit, either... Amazon has all of that, but I'm not sure if it will pop up later or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts