Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom got a serious case of Kindle-envy when she demoed my KK in February. Then she realized I wasn't going to be sharing anymore DTBs with her. And since I'm her major supplier in reading material she decided she must get one and we could share my account. She scoured E-Bay, Amazon & Craigslist for a month and couldn't find a KK lower than $250. She figured at that amount she might as well own a brand-new K2. So she ordered one and a week later she has one of her very own. She's now trying to convert my sister-in-law.

As for new converts, my husband's best friend showed a lot of interest in my Kindle last weekend. He's a big reader too, and I could see his eyes calculating if it was a wise purchase for himself. My 80-year old grandmother who is visiting this week also expressed a lot of interest in my Kindle. But considering she can't even program a phone number in her cell phone, I don't think it's in the cards for her to buy one.

Any tips on sharing an account? I've turned off WhisperSync, so we won't lose each others places in the books we're sharing. (Although it would be nice to sync my Kindle & iPhone). And we're trying to make arrangements on how she can compensate me for books she buys.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I share with my daughter and it works great. Just add each person's credit card to your account. Before you start buying, make sure the one-click is connected to the correct credit card. You can do this by going to your Manage Your Account page. It works out great. :)

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Sparkplug said:
Any tips on sharing an account? I've turned off Whispernet, so we won't lose each others places in the books we're sharing. (Although it would be nice to sync my Kindle & iPhone). And we're trying to make arrangements on how she can compensate me for books she buys.
It's WhisperSync you need to turn off... Check the Manage Your Kindle page on your Amazon account..... At the bottom of the page you will see this:

Manage synchronization between devices. Learn more.

Click that and you will see this, at which point you can turn the synchronization off:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Sparkplug said:
I meant WhisperSync -- I just got my Whispers confused. :)
My Whispersync is off and my iPhone will pull a sync down, but I cant sync back up. But I don't think I'm alone in that, I have heard other reports.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have my children and my friend on my account. I pay for my kids' books (of course. I'm mom, I pay for everything). My friend and I sort of "share." If she buys books I'll never read, she pays me back (Paypal). For books that we both will like, it's worked out pretty evenly that she buys some, I buy some. I feel like it's all been very fair, so far, and we've been doing this since June.

L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts