Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to read light murder mysteries and some time ago I sent an email to Donna Andrews who writes a wonderfully funny series of books to ask about the Kindle versions of her earlier titles.
Here is the answer that I received today:

"Glad you're enjoying the series.  And since I now own a Kindle myself, I can understand your interest in getting the rest of the series on Kindle--I've mentioned it to my publisher, and I think something's underway.  Keep an eye on my website and blog--when I know something, I'll share it!
Thanks so much for reading!
Donna"

(if you are interested, the first book in the series is Murder with Peacocks.  This is followed by Murder with Puffins, Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos, Crouching Buzzard Leaping Loon, We'll Always Have Parrots, Owl's Well that Ends Well, No Nest for the Wicket, The Penguin who Knew Too Much, Cockatiels at Seven, Six Geese A-Slaying, and the forthcoming Swan for the Money.  Currently Cockatiels and Geese are on Kindle.)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
The titles make these sound very interesting and fun, I'll be interested when they get kindelized!  Love fun mysteries, i.e., Evanovich.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The titles alone have definately caught my interest.  Hopefully they all will be available on the Kindle soon.  I'll have to pop on over to amazon and check these out.  Thank you for the information.  :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Do they have to be read in order? We're all a little obsessive about that. :)
I would read them in order. Like Evanovich, there is a slight backstory that goes along with them. I met Donna at a Mystery Readers Conference in Omaha a few years ago and she was very nice and her presentations were very interesting. she was basicly introducing her series where she characterized a computer memory...I read one or two in that series and didn't care for it as much as I do her "Bird" series

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would second the advice to read them in order.  The backstory is pretty funny and you get to know Meg (the main character) and her extended family a little better.  I've enjoyed all of them, but Murder With Peacocks is still my hands-down favorite.  I picked it up for the first time at the library because of the cover art.  I also keep a copy in our travel trailer...
Just don't try to read them in the middle of a meeting or something.  I almost got in serious trouble for laughing out loud while reading one of them during a major meeting at work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm glad you heard from the author, and love to see them here in the Book Corner.
HOWEVER, her two Kindle books are more than $9.99, and I won't buy them until them come down to that price or lower.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the two that are currently available are out in hardback and the prices are high.  Her newest one should be out in July and I expect to see the prices drop once the paperbacks are available.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
askenase13 said:
I'm glad you heard from the author, and love to see them here in the Book Corner.
HOWEVER, her two Kindle books are more than $9.99, and I won't buy them until them come down to that price or lower.
I don't like to buy unless $5 or lower and definitely will buy .99 or lower even if I don't know if I'll like it or not, and have discovered some pretty nifty books and authors that way.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my absolute favorites--a "stranded on a desert isle with only 5 books" favorite.  :D 

Both Kindleized books are still in hardcover (I think), hence the $9.99 price.  Truly though, I'd pay actual hardcover price for anything in this series.....oh wait, I already have.  LOL    I'm sure the prices will drop a bit when the paperbacks come out, which for Cockatiels should be very soon, and for Six Geese will likely be around Halloween, since it just came out this fall.

But I'll third the recommendation to read them in order.  While each is standalone, this is one series that is best savored from start to finish.  I was lucky enough to stumble on Murder with Peacocks when it first came out, and it really is laugh-out-loud funny.  It's a tossup between that one & We'll Always Have Parrots for my favorite of the series, but they're all excellent & well worth tracking down in paperback.  I'll be replicating the whole set on Kindle ASAP as they're perennial re-readers in my household.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts