Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a short story published on Kindle.  Then someone bought it, not realizing it was just a short story, and complained to Amazon that they only got a portion of the story, when in fact they got the whole thing.  Now the DTP has written me that they believe the content is not complete, and they pulled the story.  I wrote them back that it was only a short story and I had stated that fact in the product description.  Then I retitled it with (The title) - A Short Story.  It says it is published, but it has yet to show up back on Amazon's page.  Ok, I needed to vent.....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As of this morning, my story is back! Yeah! The second edition, with "The End" tacked onto the bottom. Just so you know when to stop reading. So I am much happier! If you want to stop by and check it out:

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
"We see disappearing books all the time. "

Is that an oxymoron or what? Hahaha!
thanks for the support guys. I think I will put THE END qnd try it again.
I once put up a fish tank with no fish and a sign that said "Count the invisible fish and win a prize." Got a number of entries. I don't think I would have fooled you, though. ;)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Ya know, last night I was showing the Spouse Thingy how to find cheap and free books on Amazon last night, and he got all excited over some 31 cents offerings...so I then showed him where to look for the file size, so he's have a shot at knowing whether he was buying a full length book, novella, or short story.

Am I the only one who looks for this? The file size? If you have a 10KB file, the buyer can be pretty sure it's a short story.

If I'm the only one who looks for this, I am going to feel SO SMART. Which is so nice considering I usually have a royal case of Teh Stoopid going on...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Thumper said:
Ya know, last night I was showing the Spouse Thingy how to find cheap and free books on Amazon last night, and he got all excited over some 31 cents offerings...so I then showed him where to look for the file size, so he's have a shot at knowing whether he was buying a full length book, novella, or short story.

Am I the only one who looks for this? The file size? If you have a 10KB file, the buyer can be pretty sure it's a short story.

If I'm the only one who looks for this, I am going to feel SO SMART. Which is so nice considering I usually have a royal case of Teh Stoopid going on...
Okay, Thumper, I won't tell you that I look or the KB size, too. ;) I've gotten caught before. There I am, all set for a nice lengthy, comfortable read, and boom, the story ends. (sigh)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sem said:
OK. I bought it. Don't know when I will get to it but since it is a short story, I'll push it to the top. Glad everything got cleared up!
Thanks SEM. I appreciate the suggestions, and the encouragement. Can you tell me how the cover picture looks on your Kindle? I know it's black and white, but how does it look otherwise?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thumper said:
I don't always look at the file size, but I do look at how many dots there are in the book after it's been downloaded.
(Yeah, I know, it's a little late then :) )

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
Thanks SEM. I appreciate the suggestions, and the encouragement. Can you tell me how the cover picture looks on your Kindle? I know it's black and white, but how does it look otherwise?
Maybe SEM didn't see your post, so I'll feel free to answer the question -- the cover picture DOES NOT SHOW UP on my Kindle. It starts with text. No picture anywhere. Maybe it got lost when you did the revision?

I really liked the story, though. And I can see why someone thought that they didn't have all of it... a couple of paragraphs from the end I was still thinking, I bet I can see where this is going,
some idiot is going to misunderstand and think that those are hoof marks not claw marks, and someone will have to defend the horse
etc. -- and I was caught by surprise when it.... just ended. Then I read it again, to appreciate the detail better. Wonderfully vivid images.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It seams like most of the bad reviews on Amazon are simply from the consumer NOT reading, and blaming everyone else for their lack of attention.  Sorry Thumper, but I too check file size.  Right after I check the price. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.