Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any sort of instruction on how to delete a book. I've got two I want deleted-not interested in reading or lending them. who can give me instruction or tell me what search words to use?  I've tried just 'delete', 'delete book', 'delete ebook'.  this topic should be discussed somewhere in the instruction manual on Kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
shortbun said:
any sort of instruction on how to delete a book. I've got two I want deleted-not interested in reading or lending them. who can give me instruction or tell me what search words to use? I've tried just 'delete', 'delete book', 'delete ebook'. this topic should be discussed somewhere in the instruction manual on Kindle.
On your home page, use the five-way controller to move to and highlight the book you want to delete. Then press the left-arrow on the five-way. The word "delete" or "remove from device" will appear under the title of the book. Click the five-way to "delete/remove from device" the book.

"Remove from device" means the book is in your Amazon archive and can be re-downloaded if you wish. "Delete" means the item will be permanently deleted--this applies to samples or books (or other content) that you acquired from sources other than Amazon.

L

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
If you also want to delete it from your Archive, you can go to Manage your Kindle on Amazon and delete it from there.  Then you will be totally done with it and it can't be downloaded to your Kindle again.

That is a nice feature if you download a lot of free books and then find out they aren't worth having, but you don't like too many in your archive. You can just delete the free ones you don't want and keep those you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts