Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..

Uhh....I've started a few threads recently:

Anyone buy a Oberon Kindle cover & NOT like it...? Curious..
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7822.0.html

Any 1 else like the Kindle plain white...naked? Or with Invisible shield on?
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,7697.0.html

---------

My Kindle Cover journey...."saga" LMAO!! :D

Ok...originally I wanted to use my Kindle with nothing. (As I read mostly in my rm on my bed) So I thought the Kindle would be fine with nothing. No cover. Plus I like the look of it with nothing.

I ordered the Invisible Shield to protect it more from scratches, etc. I have (BodyGuardz same time thing) on my iphone--have loved it...has worked fine for me.

Ok...on to covers........

I had bought the m-edge GO! in fuchsia to use when I go somewhere...to read in the car (while hub drives) :) When I received it...I thought it was too dark pink. I liked the actual cover...and thought "Well, hmm...this is nice I'll just order the Amazon & keep it in the cover all the time". Being the Amazon is similar to the m-edge go! Ok..good...

So I sent it back the m-edge GO! & ordered the Amazon cover (btw, I like that it says: Amazon Kindle on it). Ok fine...everything was cool at this point. I thought when it comes I'll just leave it inside. Ok whatever. I'm happy. Or so I thought...ugh....

Last night while I was reading I came to the conclusion that in the last few days while I've waited for the Amazon cover to get here. (I've been reading w/o anything "naked"). I'm like..."Ooo, I like reading like this." ARGGGHH!! So then I'm like the Amazon is on its way...(and now that I've actually tested out reading with nothing I found I do like reading this way). At this point I was like the Amazon (I think) would not be a good choice for me--being the hinges it has & I would like the option to take it out of it's cover easily. I'd think taking it in/out a million times depending on my changeable mood would not be good. (possible scratches or whatever). So the Oberon came to mind. <<had never left the back of my mind. LOL!! I've always liked them..but was just scared to order...(the no return thing). ugh. Thought...maybe 1 day I'll order a Oberon.

Ok, so then this morning I continued to think about the Oberon covers. <sigh> It seems like it would best fit my needs:

1. Something I can take out easily in/out (no hinges) and read my K <naked> if I want
2. Put it in the Oberon and read with it inside
3. Plus I can feel happy knowing it's well protected.
4. It's beautiful...love all the detail!!!!
5. cover closure (which I don't really need..) but ya..that's a + too! keep it closed.

Hmm...seems like the right one for me. UGHHHH...Why did I have to realize this NOW?? Guess I had to go through all that other mess first? Who knows?? ::)

So ok long story >> longgggggerrr....LOL!! I took the plunge ::crossing fingers it works out for me::: or....LOL who knows what??

Neway....

I ordered the ROH in purple w/ corners!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I feel sooo embarrassed :-[ Almost didn't post this craziness, but thought well there has to be other K owners out there that have gone thru similar situations with K cover buying. LOL...

I've just been so changeable: cover/no cover, cover with hinges...leave cover on....leave cover off...ughhh I've been driving myself NUTS!! :eek: As for the invisible shield >> I'm returning it because I don't think I'll need it with the Oberon on it already-- K should be fine, also the spray application makes me nervous to do on my K. So ya, no invisible shield now....

Hopefully I'm done with all this!! I've succumbed to the >> Oberon!! PLEASE GOD let this be it & let me be happy with it! <sigh>

Final outcome: Oberon ROH w/ NO invisible shield...take out when I want (to get that naked feel) place in when I want to enjoy my cover and be protected when out somewhere with my K.

There. DONE. geesh. ;)
Thx for listening...LOL!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
How about a nice Borsa Bella bag to put it in? ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
or a water proof bag?

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You don't need a booklight, do you? ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
or, maybe, just maybe a larger purse with a pocket in the middle to put your bb bag into when you need something to carry more stuff in?  :D (jk)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
and don't forget a skin to keep all the dirt away.  There are plenty that will match the purple cover.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You guys are just too funny!!  I just ordered a custom skin from Decalgirl in "Great Wave"  thanks to srmallloy for the template!!
I still have the amazon cover- I actually like the hinge system.  I have a BB travel bag in shower clouds, and then ordered the same pattern for a large gadget bag.  I am going to keep my mighty bright light separate, because it is too bulky in the travel bag and keeps turning on in the bag.  I took one battery out to prevent that.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
And a KitchenAid mixer to keep the rice cooker company on the counter.

While the brownies are baking and the rice is steaming, you can read your Kindle.

Purple ROH...good choice! That's what my precious Gabriel is wearing.

L

·
Registered
209 Posts
O yea, the mixer. I for got about that purchase. I got the big cobalt blue one. I have been baking more just to justify it. I guess it's time for the rice cooker, since the KitchenAid was at least 2 months ago.
Lettie
Leslie said:
And a KitchenAid mixer to keep the rice cooker company on the counter.

While the brownies are baking and the rice is steaming, you can read your Kindle.

Purple ROH...good choice! That's what my precious Gabriel is wearing.

L

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
You also need a Nintendo DS Lite or DSi and a nice home game system.  ;)

I swear, I spend my allowance as fast as I get it around here.  The nice thing is that you get a lot of opinions and most folks have a lot of facts to back them up.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
The DecalGirl skin definitely needs to come next. As soon as the cover gets here you will realize that you will need it. Now you will have to make more choices. Getting just the right accessories makes owning your Kindle all the more fun. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
And a netbook - don't forget your netbook!  ;D

I have a K1, but I went through the same process.  Started with just the Amazon cover.  I read with it in the cover all the time, but didn't see much point in getting a different cover.  After awhile (and after my Kindle fell out of the Amazon cover a couple of times) I got a red M-edge cover.  Loved it.  Then I started seeing the Oberon covers.  Gorgeous but pricey, just couldn't quite go there.  Then I started seeing the skins.  Didn't much see the point, until suddenly "Eureka!", I saw the point.  I wanted one.  I ordered one.  (Then one for my phone, my iPod, and my netbook!  Yeah, I REALLY saw the point...)  Then the K2 came out, and some Oberon K1 covers popped up on eBay.  I got one. 

Resistance is futile...we are all assimilated, especially if we hang out here long enough.... ;)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You guys forgot new purses, wallets, peeramid pillows, and oh yeah....maybe a few books.  :D

(and of course, everything needs to be in multiples!)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^LOL!! Well, nooooo I'm trying to stay away from the purses...that was my past illness....(stopped at twenty something). Guess Kindle covers is the new illness now! Ugh.... ;)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I thought I was done with purses too until the K2 showed up.  It doesn't fit in 80% of them.  I ended up with three new ones a few weeks ago.  ;D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not surprised - since discovering this board and all you enablers out there, I've ended up with 3 Oberon covers (2 for my K2 and 1 for my husband's KK), at least 5 Decalgirl skins and 1 Tego skin, a Trendy Digital waterproof cover, 2 BorsaBella bags, 3 booklights, an Medge cover, an Oberon business card holder and a Keurig mini coffeemaker. Oh, and let's not forget the innumerable books that I might not otherwise have been aware of, too!

Its's been an expensive (but pleasurable!) relationship ;D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
VictoriaP said:
I thought I was done with purses too until the K2 showed up. It doesn't fit in 80% of them. I ended up with three new ones a few weeks ago. ;D
LOL....I have pretty roomy bags...so it fits in all of them except maybe 4..(and those I don't even use anyway....) like big bags!! :D The bag I'm using today I could probably fit in! LOL!! ;D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts