Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see more people are posting their free Kindle books on Hot Deals UK. I've gone through it - looking at the 'New' deals - and have clicked 'hot' on Kindle books. This site has been helping with my Valentine's weekend giveaway of Diary of a Provincial Lesbian

In fact it seems to make a big difference to downloads. I know that with the last giveaway we had, the listing on Hot Deals UK had thousands of views and when the book appeared there it went into the top 100, which led to downloads really speeding up.

It's another site that would help American authors break into the UK. I really should remember to say this later in the day!

You can see the new listings here http://www.hotukdeals.com/all/freebies/new

It's easiest to log in with Facebook, but post your giveaway without your real name as some people will vote down self promotions.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Thanks. It does say in their Ts and Cs that self-promotion is not allowed. Perhaps we can do promo swaps  ::)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, people have posted mine which was how I noticed it. Looking at the listings I think people do promote their own using their email address, then sign in with Facebook to 'add heat' to others.

It really does help and it's great to see books on there among many more commercial deals. There are some great freebies though. I found a dog deodoriser free with free postage yesterday!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts