Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And they're both good ones. http://www.jakonrath.blogspot.com/

Who else goes through Konrath blog withdrawal when he goes off and selfishly devotes time to writing books, or hanging out with his family, or whatever the heck he does when he's not updating us on the latest indie writing news? Srsly...priorities, Mr. Konrath!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that they didn't publish the actual contract, but I felt that Eisler gave some important details of what he was looking for in a contract, versus what he was offered by traditional publishing. It's a good guideline for other writers who are fortunate enough to be in the same position that he is.

·
Registered
489 Posts
DanaG said:
I know that they didn't publish the actual contract, but I felt that Eisler gave some important details of what he was looking for in a contract, versus what he was offered by traditional publishing. It's a good guideline for other writers who are fortunate enough to be in the same position that he is.
=D very true. Konrath usually has very interesting posts, and I enjoy the ones from other writers tremendously as well.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
DougLance said:
I didn't think his conversation with Barry Eisler was particularly informative. It would have been cool to see a copy of his contract, but that might be illegal or too transparent.
No they didn't display every detail but I think you can get a pretty good idea that he and Barry were happy with the deal. I don't think every author will get the same deal either. I think it's better than most publishers would offer but in the future that may change.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Being a James Rollins fan I was more interested in that blog post. :)

Pity Rollins' new ebooks aren't available to us Aussies. From the comments it looked like I wasn't the only one miffed about that.

Joe and Barry had some interesting points to make, even if they did make them several times in the same post. But then again that is meant to be successful extension, repeat your main points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts