Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remember correctly, the last "In Death" book was slightly delayed on Kindle (by only a few days though) and it ultimately arrived with a $14.99 price tag or thereabouts before finally dropping to $9.99 after a couple of weeks.

Thankfully, the latest Robb is available for pre-order now, and at the magic $9.99 price point.

"This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on February 24, 2009."

I've already 1-clicked. ;D

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised there isn't more excitement surrounding this. I thought we had a sizeable number of Nora/Robb fans here, and everyone was unhappy about the last book arriving with an inflated price tag.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I'm quite pleased about the news, CS, and I missed this thread earlier. Thanks for both the heads-up and the bump, I've pre-ordered! :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
I love this series! I can understand preordering in the era of DTBs, because there is always a chance that a title might sell out before I get a copy. But what is the advantage of preordering on the kindle when there will always be a kindle version in stock and I can get it within a minute of ordering? I hope this question doesn't sound stupid....I just don't understand why preorders are necessary with e-books?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ogie287 said:
The preordering on Kindle is so that the book automatically is sent to your kindle as soon as it's released, no need to remember to go order it later.
Plus, if Amazon gets any wise ideas about raising the price again, we can lock it in now at the $9.99 price point.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Wisteria,

I preorder so that I dont forget to buy it. (Same reason everything's set up to automatically record on my Tivo). I had book 4 of the Mercy Thompson series preordered and sent to my daughter's Kindle and she was thrilled when she saw it there (I didn't tell her it was coming). I really only do it for books I'm certain I'll be reading as soon as they're realesed.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
In this particular case, I'm doing it more because of the price, given how many books come out at more than $9.99 to start with these days. I'm willing to get it at $9.99, I consider this series one of my "gotta haves" as soon as possible on release, but not at the ridiculous $20/$16/$14 initial price that a lot of them start out at for the first week or two. At $9.99, I'm there, so I'll do a preorder with no problem. :)  I'm not worried about forgetting to get it, it's been on my "waiting for new" wish list for months already. (Gotta agree on luv's love for Tivo, though!)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Love J.D Robb and Nora Robert books. I have them all. I ordered this just now. Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at it and didn't want to pay the higher price. I did for the last one, but I had just received the Kindle and it was one of the first books I bought. Love that I'm sharing an account with my daughter, she is a big fan as well.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Steph H said:
In this particular case, I'm doing it more because of the price, given how many books come out at more than $9.99 to start with these days. I'm willing to get it at $9.99, I consider this series one of my "gotta haves" as soon as possible on release, but not at the ridiculous $20/$16/$14 initial price that a lot of them start out at for the first week or two. At $9.99, I'm there, so I'll do a preorder with no problem. :) I'm not worried about forgetting to get it, it's been on my "waiting for new" wish list for months already. (Gotta agree on luv's love for Tivo, though!)
Well, I'd forget my name if it wasn't on my nametag some nights..I need all the help I can get!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
ordered -- thanks I didn't realize this was coming out already

1 - 15 of 15 Posts