Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not read anything by James Rollins, but he has been highly recommended by a friend. Do you agree? If so, which book would you consider a good starting point ???

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I've read two or three by Rollins. One of the current books I'm reading is Amazonia. It's OK. I've read three other non-series thrillers by him and they all are decent reads.

Mike

·
Registered
684 Posts
James Rollins is one of my favorite authors. I would read the books in order of release. The first four or five are stand alones. The later books are Sigma Force novels.

Subterranean
Excavation
Deep Fathom
Amazonia
Ice Hunt

Sigma Force Novels
Sandstorm
Map of Bones
Black Order
The Judas Strain
The Last Oracle
The Doomsday Key
Altar of Eden

·
Registered
123 Posts
blefever said:
I've not read anything by James Rollins, but he has been highly recommended by a friend. Do you agree? If so, which book would you consider a good starting point ???
There's a couple of schools of thought on Rollins as a writer.... you'll know right away which camp your in.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I 've read 5 or 6 of his books. My favorite is Ice Hunt, followed closely by Amazonia. If you like thrillers, Rollins is definitely worth a read.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I 've read 5 or 6 of his books. My favorite is Ice Hunt, closely by Amazonia. If you like thrillers, Rollins is definitely worth a read.
Amazonia is, by far, my favorite book written by James Rollins. I've read it four times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts